King Ranch

Ordering today - last minute question

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering today - last minute question

I'm going to order my first F-150, a KR today They could bring one in (closest is about 125 miles away) but I figure I don't want to pay for the enhanced radio/cd's they put in the ones on the lot. I really want a nav system, so I'm planning on having installed a Pioneer AVIC - N1 and probably a DVD changer (Ok and xm and backup camera, speakers, etc). I can't see any reason to pay for an enhanced radio that I'm just going to pull out. But then... I thought that I might be missing something that I should check in on here... maybe there's special wiring that is included or something I just didn't think of...<BR><BR>
Also, if any of you have ordered instead of bought off the lot, what's a realistic wait time for a KR? Dealer is telling me 6 - 8 weeks. Is that pretty close?

Old 01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
My order took 6 weeks. For some reason it took 4 weeks from order to actual production, then a couple of weeks for delivery. This order process was over both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so there was probably some delay for that. It was a long painful process, but obviously well worth the wait.

As to your stereo question, you must be trying to decide wether or not to get the Audiophile or not, which is a factory option. The problem you have is that the Audiophile comes with upgraded speakers and head unit. Unless you are planning to swap out your speakers as well, you should go with the Audiophile for the speakers alone. They are very good IMO - and the increase in price is probably mostly due to the speaker system, not the head unit.

BTW - the 6 weeks does go by quicker than you think.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Try waiting 7 years for a Morgan !!!

Quick Reply: Ordering today - last minute question