King Ranch

Seats Discoloring Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats Discoloring Help

I have a king ranch thats a year old. I have put the king ranch leather conditner on every month since i have had it.I know the frount seats are going to fade due to the sun coming in and not look the same as the back but i had to replace the frount seat bottom on the passenger side and now i have a new bottom and the seat back doesnt look the same.How can i darken the seat back and the drivers side to match the new seat bottom ?

Last edited by nascar17; 11-30-2004 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:39 PM
There will always be variations in dye lots, so unless you replace both back and bottom at the same time, I doubt you will ever have the same color. That's part of the appeal of the King Ranch. There isn't a way to darken the backs permanently short of finding the leather dye that they use where they make the seats.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:27 PM
What about using saddle soap will it ruinen it or will it darken it up some.i heard of some people using saddle soap will it make it darker or ruinen the seats ?

Old 11-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chemist... oh goodness... if you could only see my organic chem letter grade from college. Whew...

Anyway...

This thread shows how saddle soap is far from a cleaner. From my personal experiences with SS, I've seen it rapidly deplete stitching on many levels with very high quality leather soccer cleats.

Short of wear, I'm not sure what to tell you about your situation. Nearly every conditioner that I can think of that initially darkened my leather eventually came back to normal (usually overnight).

I'm not sure what the cost of a seat back would be for you but, maybe that's an option. Probably pricey but, maybe an option.

Personally, I think I'd leave it alone for the most part and see what happens over the next month or so. Conditioning it frequently may darken it slightly but, I'm not sure...

RP

Old 11-30-2004, 10:47 PM
I checked with ford and a seat back is around $ 550.00 dont think its worth that much. maybe the sun will fade it in time.man on my trucks in the past i would replace the leather on my lariet seats like the bottoms and backs and make them look new again but wont be doing that on the king ranch.seat bottoms are 450.00 to replace.that almost 2000.00 to do both frount seats compared to 500.00 on a lariet.

Quick Reply: Seats Discoloring Help