King Ranch

Cracked Coil Pack, Chipped plug 05 KR

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracked Coil Pack, Chipped plug 05 KR

Apparently Ford was aware that there was a problem with the new 3V 5.4L engines during early assembly, the problem has since been sorted. ALL 5.4L F-150's are to be checked for a cracked right bank rear coil pack and/or damaged spark plug. Mine was not, because it had both.

I took delivery of my KR on the 12th with only 10mi on the odometer which suggests to me that it had not been driven on a "demo" ride yet.

On my way home I noticed an occasional shutter and what seemed like a slight miss when stopped at a light. The next day on my way to work the "check engine" light came on while I was doing 70 MPH on the freeway...Yikes!, I started to get over to the side when the "check engine" light stopped flashing and remained off.

Today, the 15th, I took it back to the dealer. They identified the problem immediately, replaced the coil pack and plug, comped me with a full tank of gas, and a run through the wash rack. I didn't need the wash but what the heck, it came with the comp, so was I to argue?

I am very pleased with the truck and the service, even though they did not do what they were supposed to when it was delivered. But sh*t happens and we get by in spite of it

Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about your problems.... it is a common problem though as I've seen several threads come and go through the 2004/2005 forum detailing this exact same occurance. I don't think it's widespread but, at least FoMoCo knows about it and will hopefull correct the problem for future releases.

RP

Quick Reply: Cracked Coil Pack, Chipped plug 05 KR