King Ranch

I'll be back!!! In a Deep Arnold voice...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'll be back!!! In a Deep Arnold voice...

Hello All,

Looks like I'll be coming back to join everyone in a few weeks, hehe.

My new '05 KR Super Crew 4x4 was ordered today, I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more. Need to sell the '03 EB 4x4 Expy now but I've got a while to sell it while the beast is being built. They tell me that it might be ready in 5 weeks, we'll see.

The truck will be, of course, Dark Copper with the following order codes and specs:

Order Code Description

W14 King Ranch 4x4 Super Crew
T5 Dark Copper primary color
AQ Arizona Beige accent color
KW King Ranch Seating
508A Pref. Equip. Group
995 5.4L V8 engine
44B Elec 4-spd Auto Trans
T8C LT275x18 OWL AT tires
XBC Limited slip diff
581 Audiophile Sound System
17P Adj. pedals
413 Skid Plates
535 Trailer Tow Pkg
63K King Ranch Package
76R Reverse Sensing System
90H Heated Seats
91D DVD wiring prep package

I got it on the D plan which is the same as A or Z plan. I tried to keep the options to a minimum to keep the price down as it aint exactly cheap even at D plan pricing.

Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Later,

~DM~

Old 08-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok you made me drool here...I hope its all you wanted and more...have a nanner...oh have 2 ...

Old 08-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to have you back aboard the USS KR Dave.

Old 08-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Talking

First Post!

Just thought that I would ask about AZ pricing or D pricing....How does one obtain such pricing and it this pricing below invoice??? The truck that you ordered is EXACTLY like the one that I am waiting to order(gathering of funds in process!). I have called dealership in Austin after I read the King Ranch pricing post and the salesman was unaware of the post. It seems that his assistant emailed the pricing without his knowledge. I am in the Dallas area so a trip to Austin was no big deal..By the way, he told me that the pricing was a little aggressive and he would "try" to match it. Let me know...

Thank you

Old 08-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Cory Wrenn
First Post!

Just thought that I would ask about AZ pricing or D pricing....How does one obtain such pricing and it this pricing below invoice??? The truck that you ordered is EXACTLY like the one that I am waiting to order(gathering of funds in process!). I have called dealership in Austin after I read the King Ranch pricing post and the salesman was unaware of the post. It seems that his assistant emailed the pricing without his knowledge. I am in the Dallas area so a trip to Austin was no big deal..By the way, he told me that the pricing was a little aggressive and he would "try" to match it. Let me know...

Thank you
Hey Cory:

Welcome to f150online.com!

A, Z, or D pricing is below invoice however requires family that works for Ford/dealerships/Tier I&II suppliers to obtain a "PIN" number.

Try doing a SEARCH for 'below invoice' or A-PLAN to obtain more information.

RP

Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for quick response! I am will check it out-

Old 08-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the compliment. I've come to realize that I'm just not an SUV kind of person.

The Whaler will look nicely behind the KR for sure but I'm still wondering if it's unsinkable too. I don't think I'll be trying to find out, at least not on purpose.

Rock,

Thanks for the welcome back to the once sinking ship that you're the captain of, hehe. No really, I appreciate this forum and all the folks that participate, I dearly missed my KR and now maybe I can rest easy once again.

Cory,

Brad (RockPick) is correct, I have family that work for Ford and therefore special pricing is available to me and I do a fair amout of business with Ford at least every two years. Not many folks can get D or Z plan and it's basically called net net or invoice minus holdback. The dealer doesn't make any money on paper but I'm sure Ford has programs that pay for the number of vehicles that are sold and especially during diffucult sales periods. The best way I know to get the lowest price available is to know all the costs and profits that a dealer makes. The dealer must make money or the whole system falls apart. If everyone was eligible for A/D/Z pricing then what would the dealer be in business for other than service and warranty? Oh and lets not forget extended warranty plans as well as a host of other services like road hazard etc etc etc.

Good luck with your research. Eqivalent X plan pricing is easy to obtain and most dealers that want to earn your long term loyallty will "buy" it by giving you X plan pricing without a pin or at least invoice price which is only a few hundred more than X plan. Since the KR is brand new for '05 with the new body style, not many dealers will be willing to sell cheap, I'm just one of the fortunate ones but even with all that savings, it's still a huge pill to swallow.

Hope to see you in your new baby soon.

Later,

~DM~

Old 08-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard CORY WRENN.

If you want a great deal on a new truck in the Dallas area go to the Fleet office at North Central Ford in Richardson. Ask for Debbie or John, they sold me my 03 KR for $100.00 over invoice.

I'm also pleased with the service there.

Jayhawker

Old 08-20-2004, 05:21 PM

Man is this a great forum or what!! Thank you Daveman,RockPick, and Jayhawker for all the info.. If I ever had any doubts of purchasing a Ford, they have erased! I will call the dealership when I can put my money where my mouth is;-hopefully in two months!! You guys have a great weekend!

Old 08-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

I know this isn't much news but I got my VIN yesterday and I guess that's confirmation enough that they are in the process of building my '05 KR. I'm getting excited...

Anyone heard from Lenny lately? I wonder what he's up to now???

Later,

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 08-31-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Update...

The the new '05 F150 Super Crew KR order has be "assigned to plant", or something to that affect...

Looks like it's coming along through the system as usual. However, now RockPick is telling me of news that a transport company that loads vehicles onto the train cars is on strike .

Oh well, if I hear anything else, I'll post it here.

Later,

~DM~

Old 10-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Okay everyone, my new '05 KR came in to town today, have a look... I drove it today and will pick it up tomorrow morning, it drove like a dream and looks fantastic.

More to follow...

~DM~

Old 10-22-2004, 08:56 PM
more photos:

Old 10-22-2004, 08:57 PM
more photos yet again:

~DM~

Old 10-22-2004, 09:00 PM
even more...

Yeah, that's me and if you don't like what you see, concentrate on me

~DM~

Quick Reply: I'll be back!!! In a Deep Arnold voice...