King Ranch

Selling a 2001 King Ranch, Value?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just built a 2004 F-150, loaded to the hilt with nearly every option that I want. Invoice was right at 36K... granted, this isn't a King Ranch...

Followed up by building a F250 with KR, and nearly all the same options.... $38K

Now, if we figure that the 2005 upgrade to KR over Lariat on the 150 is at least 1k, we're on the same playing field...

RP

Old 02-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually went today and looked at an 04 F350 KR with FX4. If I took all of my extras off my truck and sold them, I could probably come out ok getting the F350 KR using my A-plan. I talked my neighbor into trading his 2000 F350 for an 03 F250 KR and the new 6.0 is so much better!!!! By now they have worked out all of the bugs as it did have some. My buds new KR was in the shop 3 times before they finally solved all of the new 6.0 problems. If I do it, it will be a white one with a moonroof again.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Well I'm leaning more towards the 2004 GMC Duramax for one reason.. Ok maybe 2 reasons.. One I love how quiet they are ok thats not the real reason, the real reason is I can get a $49,000 stickered price Fully Loaded 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 Duramax for about $36,500 b4 TTL. The company I work for was bought out by a company called EDS (Electronic Data Systems) which is a GM sub-division...Ill be bale to make abotu $12,000 off my King Ranch once I trade it in so Ill be sitting pretty.. But will admit Im gonna miss my King Ranch

Old 02-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Moderator &

Wow... that's definately a great deal...

A-Plan isn't that nice... not even close. Trust me. Same 49K truck would be right around 40.5K before TTL.

RP

Old 02-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Hey Brad,

Whats the wife think ?

-Quite some time ago when you showed the pic of your new palace I noticed the garage door was a little low but could fit your supercrew no prob. will getting the new one in the garage be a issue?

Pat

Old 02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by bluelightning
Hey Brad,

Whats the wife think ?

-Quite some time ago when you showed the pic of your new palace I noticed the garage door was a little low but could fit your supercrew no prob. will getting the new one in the garage be a issue?

Pat
Pat,

Great to hear from you yesterday and again, I'm sorry about the confusion on the phone...

The wifey isn't totally against it. She understands the value that the diesel would hold and that we'd have a new toy. Fortunately, she's like me in that she likes new things a little too much.

The garage issue is a HUGE one. You're right, my garage isn't the tallest in the world and honestly, there'd be little to do about it from a carpentry standpoint to increase the height. By my measurements, I'm going to have no more than an inch of clearance at the top but, I am going on Ford's specs on their website. I've been unable to obtain good data on actual height on this truck short of the spec sheet saying 80.8" My garage is 82" consistantly across the entirty of the face... I plan on going out to the local stealership one night to do some measuring of my own.... I have, however, found THE TRUCK if this is going to happen.

RP

Old 02-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Rockpick,

You are blessed with one awsome wife . You should here my Girl razz and harp about driving my F-350 crew cab long boxes.
Just to get a rise out of her I would leave the supercrew at the shop when I had the Bit Company and bring home a muddy bit truck and park it in her spot in the garage, all the while I would grab my Lightning keys and go out touring or doing things most guys my age do. No sooner would I get in the Lightning my Mobile would ring and you guessed it, it wasn't the tooth fery. It was my girl flying around the house on her broom.
After 4 or so eppisodes of that and being cut off for a month I stopped bringing Superdutys home up to 2 months ago when I bought the harley truck that I have been forced to sell because it is to hard to park at the mall.
I suppose next week I should get her something else to make her happy I'am actually courious on how much you want for your supercrew as I know it has been taken care of. Please e-mail me at abcool@telus.net .

Pat

Last edited by bluelightning; 02-13-2004 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Moderator &

Pat,

First, you do know it's 2wd right?

I'm going to strip the mods IF this deal happens. As you know, I've done nothing under the hood from a performance standpoint (only paint). The Xenarcs, King Ranch tonneau, speakers, bed extender, etc will all come off and be sold 'as is' on ebay or to the fine folks here.

I'm still not 100% sure it's going to happen. I have definately found 'THE' truck but, they're trying to low-ball me on trade. That won't fly with me... I've bought 3 vehicles from these guys and I KNOW they can do better than what they're saying. Fortunately, I have the invoice and they don't even have the truck on their lot... they were going to have to get it somewhere and bring it in... with the invoice, I have the VIN, I can find a dealership that will work with me and go get this SPECIFIC truck.

RP

Old 02-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Moderator &

Well, the SD isn't going to happen... I can't justify that $ for a truck that I really don't need...

The tax man wasn't as kind this time around however, pending all goes as planned, I will be ordering the 2005 KR the first day that it's available for order...

RP

Quick Reply: Selling a 2001 King Ranch, Value?