King Ranch

Is it too nice to use it to work with?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it too nice to use it to work with?

80-90% of the time my 2005 KR will be street driven but...

There are the weekend runs to the dump, trips to the mountains for camping, hauling firewood, etc.

Is the truck just too nice to use for that type of work? When your out cutting the grass, can you feel comfortable jumping up into the truck and run up to the store without cleaning up first?

I love the truck, but it has got to be a truck....I'm still hillbilly at heart....so I need to go driving through the mountains etc.

Thanks for the feedback.....come on fall.....

Old 01-28-2004, 07:01 AM
You should use it any way you want. If you're like the rest of us, you'll make sure you don't let your truck get too dirty before you break out the cleaning and protection products and get it back into showroom condition.

You can help yourself (and your truck) by getting a good quality spray-in bed liner and interior mats for your carpet. If necessary, temporarily cover your seats when you absolutely need to. That lovely leather will stain. Just don't leave the covers on so that the leather can 'breath'.

Enjoy your purchase!

Old 01-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I might be one of the most **** guys here about keeping my KR clean and I rarely hesitate to hop in the truck when I'm dirty. Of course, as petersde mentioned, I keep a couple of 'truck towels' in the rear console and toss them on the seat before I grind a bunch of crap into the grain of the leather.

It's a pretty easy thing to do...

Washing/waxing/detailing is something I truely enjoy and thus, I don't think a whole lot about it typically but, I certainly wouldn't get in with muddy coveralls or something like that...

RP

Old 01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by RockPick

...but, I certainly wouldn't get in with muddy coveralls or something like that...

RP
Yeah, you wouldn't want to do that with an XLT either, if you plan to be all muddy then you'd want an XL, but you can treat a KR pretty mucht he same way you do an XLT... Treat it like a Truck, it was built to last

Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Thumbs up

My philosophy on trucks: Use and abuse the truck as much as you want. If it can't take it it's not worthy to be called a truck. FORD trucks take the abuse and love it. I think of my truck as a working horse or dog. These animals are bread to do a particular task and they love doing it. Our trucks are meant to be used as trucks and they love it.

Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Is it too nice to use it to work with?