King Ranch

My King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, those are the KR mudflaps, I got them from the dealer. I do not remember the part numbers, but they had to be ordered. If you were looking through the gallery, you might have seen the total Arizona Beige XLT I had. I wanted the truck to be a "mono-tone" if you will and that meant swapping all of the grey colored plastic with all of the KR Arizona Beige plastic pieces that were only on the KR. I had ordered that set for my first SuperCrew and when I got the current one, I didn't have to purchase the mudflaps as they were for the KR anyway. I went around and around with the dealer when I wanted them as they said they only made them in grey, but eventually we found them. They were about 55.00 for all four.

We aught to get together since you are in garland and might want to look at the mods I did. I need to get over there and stop by the auto accessory shop, I think it is called Keystone?? I want to look at there hoods.

Old 02-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got a set of KR mud flaps in my garage. I bought them off of dufunnel which had to remove them because he put some new wheels/tires on his KR thus elimiating extra room in the well.

I need to install them... They looked good on duf's truck.

Damon, do you have the instructions that came with your set? Any way you could scan/email them? Thanks!

RP

Old 02-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Oh, boy, I really doubt I still have them. I know I didn't even use them. I just put them on the first truck using a drill and the little plastic Ford push-ins. Then after getting the KR, I had my friend who is the body shop manager at the lacal dealer, to get his his guys to put them on. They are pretty easy though.

Old 02-05-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Damon, do you have the instructions that came with your set? Any way you could scan/email them? Thanks!
[/B]
RP,
I have the instructions because I haven't installed mine. I am leaving for a business trip this AM, but I can scan them this week end and send them to you.

Bill

2002 K.R. 4x2 Charcoal Blue!

Old 02-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey RP, the super duties don't come in charcoal blue (or a couple of the other colors either). I do know they come in the green and white, but I don't know for sure about the others. The colors are limited more than the F150's though.

Old 02-08-2003, 04:00 AM
I was having my new mods installed when the owner came out and said the truck was finished. He also stated that he just ordered me a new lid. He went on to state that after all was installed one of the workmen noticed that the ARE LS11 was scratched on the right side apparently from factory or shipping. He said I could keep the old lid on until the new one arrives. I really appreciated his honesty since I probably would have missed it.

All in all - the mods are beautiful. I love the color-matched Lund Interceptor along with the BedRug. I would have taken some pictures but again NJ was dumped on with another 6 inches of snow. I guess I got the lid just in time. Pictures to follow.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by dufunnel
Hey RP, the super duties don't come in charcoal blue (or a couple of the other colors either). I do know they come in the green and white, but I don't know for sure about the others. The colors are limited more than the F150's though.
Green, white, and chestnut are the only ones I've seen...

RP

Old 02-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Post KR Mud Flap Installation Instructions

Originally posted by RockPick
Do you have the instructions that came with your set? Any way you could scan/email them?
Here they are:

http://www.themilfords.com/Ford/KR_Flaps_Front.pdf
http://www.themilfords.com/Ford/KR_Flaps_Rear.pdf

Regards,
Bill

Old 02-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Moderator &

Re: KR Mud Flap Installation Instructions

Bill, thanks a bunch for that information. I really appreciate it!!!

RP

Old 02-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Re: Re: KR Mud Flap Installation Instructions

RP,

I am wondering if you have looked at the rear flap instructions yet? What do you think the cloth like tool is that us in step 2 and what is the paint used in step 5?

Bill

Old 02-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Moderator &

Hard to tell... my guess is that the cloth is a simple rag to whipe the area clean prior to installation

and the 'paint like' material is probably a sealant of some sorts to keep moisture on the outside instead of in the fender flares.

Not really sure though... honestly, I pulled them up and printed them out without really studying them. I haven't had a chance to install them as of yet (as I installed my Rear Powr Slider this past weekend) and now I'm in Yakima, Washington on business (running on 3 hours sleep over 21 hours)...

On that note... g'night.

RP

Old 02-11-2003, 12:07 AM
The interesting thing is that the front doesn't have either..

Bill

Old 02-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Moderator &

Very very true.... LOL...

Who the heck knows... that's Ford for ya! HA!

RP

Quick Reply: My King Ranch