Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

NFG, MS resident

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NFG, MS resident

Never liked Ford products until I purchased a 2000 Ranger. After I totaled that (deer are awesome), I went and found a '93 Flareside. It's a little bit of a beater, but I love the truck. However, I find Ford's engineering to be a little confusing, as I've always owned Hondas and Chevys. I decided I might gain some insight and tips perusing an F-150 oriented forum.

A little about the truck; it's got a 300 with a 5 speed. The clutch cylinders were going bad but I took it out for a spin and ended up liking it. Ended up paying $1350 and walked off with a title and the key. The paint job was originally all red, but was sprayed black with the red red staying on the accents. The red is was showing through in places on the fenders, roof, and hood but the beater look is almost endearing. A few suspension and steering issues, but nothing too major to repair. It runs loud with all the exhaust rusted through but that's not going to take long to rectify. It's now referred to affectionately as the Jank Tank. Will post pics later.

Glad to be here, hope I can make some positive contributions to the forum.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome! Interesting truck you found. Look forward to having you here.