Please Help! Ink on Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please Help! Ink on Leather

Well some idiot parking guy decided to carry his uncapped ink pen between his legs and on my new leather interior. Can any help? Don't want to destroy my seat trying to clean.

Old 03-08-2002, 11:12 PM
check with your dealer. They may have a procedure or product just for this situation.

Old 03-12-2002, 03:55 PM
this may sound scary

I have used a product called Acrysol while supervising a detail shop, and worked great, but kerosene would also be a good substitute. As always try it on a spot you can not see as some leathers will react differently than others but I have never had a problem!

Old 03-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Wink Try Hairspray

I have had that happen before and used hairspray. That Rave stuff. Once you are done come back with Lexol.

TimT

Old 03-13-2002, 08:35 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just remember, be MEGA CAREFUL when dealing with the ink. Personally, I would take it to a repuable detail shop and have them take a look and give an opinion.

Keep in mind, that the majority of leathers on the market have a 'clear coat' coating on the outside, much like the exterior paint finishes. Just like the paint on your truck, when the clearcoat is removed, it is susceptable to much faster deteoration.

Lexol is definately the way to go on conditioning however, don't condition it until you have removed the stain. From past experience, once it's conditioned, it seemed to make it more difficult to remove.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 03-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for the input. As of yet the ink has not been removed. I have been waiting for the RIGHT way to do it so I don't have further problems. I am going to make those phone calls today!

Old 03-21-2002, 01:17 PM
I actually had the same thing happen on my old Expy. Some donkey repairman got an ink spot right in the middle of my tan leather.
My dad made a good suggestion to use a very small amount of comet. I was kinda weary, but i tried it. I made sure that i was super gentle, i didnt use any pressure, just let the comet do the work. And it came out, and rather quickly too. I then went over the seat with a good leather cleaner. That area never looked worn or dull....it looked like new again!!

Quick Reply: Please Help! Ink on Leather