Front interior door trim panels

Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front interior door trim panels

I have a 2010 F150 crew cab XLT. I have done a full audio build in it and for many reasons I am doing a trade in on the truck and am going to revert it back to stock. The only thing that is wrong is that I have 1 3/4" holes in the tops of the front interior door panels from where the tweeters were.
Name:  180bb891.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  240.7 KB

Here is my question. Do I spend the cash to buy completely new door panels? Do I leave the components and tweeters in there and just run them off of the factory deck and then do the trade in? Is there any fiberglass or plastic work that I could attempt to fill the holes and just get by?

So what would you do? The cost of replacing both panels is going to run in the neighborhood of $800.

I am just looking for opinions, as to the best solution - I understand modifying cars costs money and money is not an issue - that being said I try to be as reasonable as possible and am just seeking the most feasible option.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would take your tweeter and trade it as is. If it makes you feel better, have them look it over as is, then on trade in day remove them before you leave home.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would 1) leave the tweeters (because they are inexpensive & this is very obvious) or visit the local hardware store as they will likely have some plastic plugs that will fill those holes...a little matching paint and you are done.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why not just leave the tweeters or mount some cheap ones. They don't even need to be hooked up as long as they fill the holes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front interior door trim panels