2007 4dr XLT...Center jump seat removal??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 4dr XLT...Center jump seat removal??

How do I remove the cernter jump seat in my 07 XLT 4 door? I see two hex bolts on the floor in front, but after removing my passenger seat, I saw 2 other hex bolts under the seat. I tried tugging a bit on the seat and it didn't give. From the looks of it, there seems to be just pins holding it in. Anyone have any advice?

I'm going on a camping trip a couple of weekends and I want to do a custom install with a power inverter, install a couple of 120V AC outlets in various parts of the truck. I have an amp under my passenger seat for a couple of 12" subs under the back seats. I would like to place the inverter under the driver seat but with the motors for seat placement, the only place I could put it would be in front of the floor vent, and I don't want to run heat on the inverter. Also, being closer to the amp, I can just put a fused distributor on the 4awg wire running to the amp, and split the power. The inverter draws a maximum of 40 amps, and the amplifier draws about 30 so I know the 4awg will carry just fine being only 5ft long from the battery to the amp.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the help! I removed the cushion and noticed a hard bump in the carpet. I pulled the carpet up and saw it's a module for the restraints, so I will do EVERYTHING not to mess with it. I still need an inverter in my truck, I think I'll end up building a rack above the module to mount the inverter then wire the outlets somewhere nearby for both front and rear seat access. Again, thanks!

Quick Reply: 2007 4dr XLT...Center jump seat removal??