How to turn off the seatbelt chime???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to turn off the seatbelt chime???

I seen a thread on here somewhere, with a link to turn off the seatbelt chime in the 04+ f150s. Ive looked everywere, anyone got any ideas..

Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
read the manual

Ford manual in glovebox expains how

Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM
ya read the manual... its something liek hold it in for one second... take out belt.... plug it back in, click your heels twice while touching the roof, then do a 360 spin in your truck and then pray..... thats to turn it off for good.

What i do is just plug in the belt wait a sec then un-plug it. that will turn it off for that drive... but once you turn the engine off--then back on you will have to do it again.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
ya read the manual... its something liek hold it in for one second... take out belt.... plug it back in, click your heels twice while touching the roof, then do a 360 spin in your truck and then pray..... thats to turn it off for good.

What i do is just plug in the belt wait a sec then un-plug it. that will turn it off for that drive... but once you turn the engine off--then back on you will have to do it again.
I guess they built some 2004 f150's different because unless you turn it off with the manual instructions, you unbuckle the front or passenger seat with the truck in gear and it goes off.
I READ IN THE BOOK that it learns the driver habits and waits longer to chime to give you time if you use the seat belts most of the time but the more you forget the faster the chime goes off after you put it in gear.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:51 PM
if you dont have power seats, just unplug the sensor inder the seat

Old 01-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
I guess they built some 2004 f150's different because unless you turn it off with the manual instructions, you unbuckle the front or passenger seat with the truck in gear and it goes off.
I READ IN THE BOOK that it learns the driver habits and waits longer to chime to give you time if you use the seat belts most of the time but the more you forget the faster the chime goes off after you put it in gear.
go figure ay ? well then i am glad i got an '04.

Nice rims ya got there. Looks pretty slick... what kind of headlights are those?

Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
go figure ay ? well then i am glad i got an '04.

Nice rims ya got there. Looks pretty slick... what kind of headlights are those?
Sometimes I need to get something out of my pocket and I take the belt off or my passenger for some reason will unbuckle and it keeps reminding as long as you are in gear no matter how many times you buckle and unbuclke. I thought long and hard about turning off the alarm but after they passed the seatbelt laws where they can stop you for not wearing them in so many places I figured I give the cops enough reasons to bother me so why ask for more.

I got a bargan on the rims a year ago they were less than the tires...go figure.
Headlights: Projectors by APC. They have been around a while but I dont see them often.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: How to turn off the seatbelt chime???