2006 F150 Difficulty Getting Comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the power seats, at least for the drivers side. I think the seats are way too low in my F-150 and my wife constantly complains about the headrests. I never rest my head againts them so I really can't complain about them, but I'm sure if I did rest my head against them I would. That's the one thing I truly miss about my sport Trac was how I could just raise my seat to the height I wanted it.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by 06roush
Not to mention the pedals are way too close and the brake pedal is too high. Im going to bend mine with a torch to where they should be and try adding spacers to the seat.
Atleast that way you know your foot was on accelerator pedal or break pedal.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Any good cheap options yet

Did anyone come up with a good cheap option? By the time I add much padding my head hits the roofliner.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Suspended
Hmm, I've never even had a single thought about being uncomfortable cross my mind in my truck The only thing I could see a need for change would be for the seats to be more bucketed, and grab you more... they are kind of flat. But it isn't uncomfortable for me to sit there... :santa:

Old 02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Hmm, I've never even had a single thought about being uncomfortable cross my mind in my truck The only thing I could see a need for change would be for the seats to be more bucketed, and grab you more... they are kind of flat. But it isn't uncomfortable for me to sit there... :santa:
Thats the only complaint that I have ever had, and It didn't cross my mind until I was a few hours into a road trip. Not sure what has changed for '07 but Ford supposedly improved the seat comfort. I'll find out when the new truck comes in.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Are the STX seats different than the regular xlt seats? My buddy just bought a '06 STX and they are the worst truck seats I've ever sat in. Ill take my '99 MarkIII leather seats over his anyday

Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
My biggest problem is the gas peddle angle. It doesn't swivel so it's hard to find a spot to rest my foot on at variable speeds.
And the seat sucks

Old 03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Power seats make a big difference, as does leather. I just installed take out power leather seats in my truck and they seem more comfortable and supportive than cloth. The ability to tilt the base makes a big difference too.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM
i agree my seats have all kinds of articulation they are the electric seats with leather and all kinds of other stuff, plus i have the power adjustable pedals

Old 03-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I just looked a new one on Friday and they supposedly changed the composition of the seat foam for 07, it is much softer than the folding chair foam of my 05 bucket seats.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Hmm, I'm glad to see that I wasn't nuts for thinking about making spacers to lift up the front of the seat. The seat bottom is practically horizontal and the cushions don't extend forward enough to give my knees...actually ANY part of my legs...the right support. I'm pretty much right in a "normal" height range at 5'9 too. The seats in my previous '04 Ram weren't perfect, but I'd trade these for them in a HEARTBEAT.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I was thinking that maybe a company that makes really good custom seat covers could make a nice custom fit seat cover with some extra padding built into just the right places, like the front edge of the seat and side bolsters. Probably wouldn't take much to at least help with the problem.

Foam padding, like that "memory foam" stuff, is just a like an epoxy thing they can whip up isn't it? Seems a mold of the existing seat could be made and custom padding be molded to exactly the right places. Then they could make mold, cast the foam padding, sew it into a seat cover and whala...perfect fit. I'll be most F150 owners would want a set.

Then again, maybe not...sounds too easy...there's probably a reason it can't be done. What do I know?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:07 AM
Hey guys...

Sorry... had to regurgitate this thread. Since my earlier posts, I've switched to a GMC Sierra crew cab SLT2.

Anyways, I'm looking at SUVs, or maybe going back to an '09 F150. I'm really digging the new fords, but I just drove an Eddie Bauer Expy EL and those damned headrests havent changed. I've got to say, my neck hurt after just 15 mins driving that thing. I can spend 3-4 hours in my GMC without any trouble whatsoever.

So... has anyone been able to do ANYTHING about these headrests? I mean, if they were able to tilt back, that would be perfect. I did try turning them around, but they looked ridiculous.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ruune
I can spend 3-4 hours in my GMC without any trouble whatsoever.
i hear ya there. i had a silverado before my screw and this truck is some not for me. as soon as its gone, silverado is gonna me in my garage again.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:22 AM
These seats aren't the most comfy things in the world but i've never had any problems driving for 10+ hours in my truck.

Rode in a chevy 2500 HD once though and man were those some comfy seats

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 Difficulty Getting Comfortable