How to Remove A Pillar Plastic Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Remove A Pillar Plastic Cover?

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know how the A pillar plastic covers are attached in a 2001 superscrew F150. I see the screws holding the grab bar, but what else? I need to remove mine to attach a tranny temp. gauge pod. I would rather not damage the cover if possible. Thanks a bunch, Bill

Old 03-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will have to un-screw the grab handle (2 bolts) the grab handle then will come apart separate from the A-pillar. next step, all you have to it yank and pull, the A-pillar is attached with 3 clips that should snap out to you and there you have it. The hardest part you would say is just un-screwing the grab handle. Not much to it.

Good luck!

Old 03-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
...<snip>>yank and pull, the A-pillar is attached with 3 clips that should snap out to you and there you have it...<snip>..
I think the clips were almost even spaced. It was quite some time ago when I yanked mine for the GPS antenna. Something is telling me I started at the top, and pulle it apart going towards the dash. Don't have any pics ( check my server, nothing on this ) but in the back of my feeble mind, I am thinking they were top, bottom, and I think just below the grab handle ??

If I get a chance later, I will look in the service manual DVD to confirm.

Quick Reply: How to Remove A Pillar Plastic Cover?