Questions about 60/40 seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Questions about 60/40 seat

Hello. I am thinking about replacing my standard cloth bench with a 60/40 from a 2000 XLT truck (probably going to buy it from LWM) - but there are a few things I do not know about the seat and installation.
Do both sides of the seat recline? Does the seat have adjustable lumbar (power or manual)? Most importantly, do you find it comfortable on longer trips? (I have to travel 9 hours to/from college soon, bench seat sucks after 4 hours or so)
Aside from drilling additional holes to bolt in seat, is there anything else I need to know/do?

Thank you for replies!

Old 06-01-2001, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LETS SEE, both seats recline. i have a manual lumbar spin thing on the side of the seat. i never heard of a automatic power lumbar. i have 6 way power seats on drivers side which i would get if i were you. and after several hour of driving it can get hard
to sit on but it is better than what you have now.

------------------
1997 f150 xlt black extended cab 4.6, 4x2 auto limited slip
mercon v, k&n filter
load lok liner. the best liner in my opinion.
17 inch tires saw blade rims goodyear at/s
vent visors
nerf bars black
door crack both doors
manik grill guard. black.
clear rear corner.

future mods. 2 or 3 inch lift. clear front corners.

Old 06-02-2001, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The power lumbar thing I was talking about was present on the older body F-150 - it had two buttons, and it would inflate/deflate some sort of airbag inside the seat for lumbar support.
My bench of course has no power accessories (as far as 6 way power adjustable seat) so how do I route power there if I get that kind of seat, or does it somehow tap power from the wire that is used for the seatbelt light??

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Questions about 60/40 seat