Need some help-Expy console!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need some help-Expy console!

Hey all, I have read and re-read the posts in reference to the Expy console insatllation into the F150. I really want to do this too, but what year console should I be looking for to use in my truck that will still allow for the use of the captains chair arm rests AND the 6-CD changer installed in the console? Some have posted an almost flawless install, while others have had difficulties. If I'm not mistaken, one returned to LWM Enterprises get a different year console for a better match. Obviously, I would like to do this with as little problems as possible. Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks

------------------
2000 Flareside SC w/upgraded Lariat pkg, 4x4, towing pkg, all power including rear window, Oxford w/gray leather,5.4 w/3:55,K&N and looking to go to Flowmaster Sport Truck exhaust and Hellwig bars.

Old 11-30-2000, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To keep your armrests you need a '97-'99 console. I think it was in the '00 model that the Expy went to the no armrests model. I have a '98 console in my '98 so it works great...of course.

Here is a pic of the same console that I have in a 2000 SuperCrew.

and here is mine

the big difference in the interiors is that the top of the console (darker tan) matches the dash color right above it in mine and in the new interiors it matches that same color that is on your doors. Your dash is all the same color.

Here is a pic of the newest Expy console

Notice how much wider it is!! the new SuperCrews are going with the wider conosle and no armrests so maybe the SuperCabs will do the same then it would be an easy swap with a '00-'01 Expy console.

Take a look at the Expy console topic right under yours https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000166.html for your CD changer question.

------------------
'98 F-150 XLT SuperCab Flareside, Auto, 4.6L, 4X2, 3.55 LS, 6-CD changer, Moonlight Blue with tan interior, Captains Chairs

Mods[*]Window tint[*]Extang Classic Platinum Tonno[*]Lund Interceptor bug deflector[*]Wizard Superwhite Bulbs[*]Pendaliner bedliner[*]Expedition center console

My F-150 Page

[This message has been edited by BlueFlareside (edited 11-30-2000).]

Old 11-30-2000, 01:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

No problem. Yes, as long as it is a '97-'99 console you can keep the armrests and install your CD changer.

I did get mine from LWM because they were the cheapest. Mine was a little dirty and had a few minor scratches but it cleaned up great and looks like new.

Old 11-30-2000, 01:18 PM
I just ordered mine this morning. The guy on the telephone asked if I wanted the slim or wide model. I told him the slim I suppose.

------------------
1999 White Oxford 4.6L V8 ..Clearcoat..Bugshield..Vent visors..Bedrug..Westin nerf bars..Clear corners..White face gauges..Sony CDX-M600 head unit

Old 11-30-2000, 01:47 PM
Thumbs up

Just thought I'd let you'all know I just ordered a console from Darin at LWM. (Thanks Darin) Said he's really getting short on supplies of these. Also said he had other items too, and would be happy to talk to anyone that needs other things for the Ford product line. Nice folks to talk to.

------------------
2000 Flareside SC w/upgraded Lariat pkg, 4x4, towing pkg, all power including rear window, Oxford w/gray leather,5.4 w/3:55,K&N and looking to go to Flowmaster Sport Truck exhaust and Hellwig bars.

[This message has been edited by Casper II (edited 11-30-2000).]

Old 11-30-2000, 04:03 PM
LMW said that the consoles where a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. But, he had no serious problems other scuffs. Has anyone gotten a bad console from him?

------------------
1999 White Oxford 4.6L V8 ..Clearcoat..Bugshield..Vent visors..Bedrug..Westin nerf bars..Clear corners..White face gauges..Sony CDX-M600 head unit

Old 12-01-2000, 12:59 AM
First of all, I appreciate the quick reply. So, if I understand correctly, if I get a 97-99 Expy console, my chair arms will function and the current 2000 6-CD changer should be able to be mounted in the new console. Did you find yours at LWM? I would really like to find a conversion shop near here and "feel and touch" the product I'd be buying, but if that's not possible I'll go with a order to a remote location. Too bad there isn't a site that would include all those places that do the coversions and publicize available items for sale. They'd make a mint. Thanks again.

------------------

Quick Reply: Need some help-Expy console!