Driver side leather seat wear

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2000, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSSCS, you want to really get Pi$$ed, go look at the new F-150 crew cab,Lariat. Checkout the leather seats...I bet it will ruin your day.
Oh, they also have a map pouch on the backs of each front seats, gee, I thought I had that on my 97, I DID, but not now!! I have vinyle(sp) and carpet, made for us "REDNECKS" I guess??

------------------
fordyfour

2000 4X2 Oxford
White/Harvest Gold
Flareside Lariat S/C

5.4L,3.55 Ls
Tow Package
True duals(Dynomax
Turbos), K&N Filter, with
a 71¢,3" PVC fresh air
tube
Super White Headlamps
JL 10" W0 sub (enclosed)
ALL amps and speakers
Kenwood
Superchip

Old 02-28-2000, 02:17 PM
ATTENTION

According to ALLDATA there is a TSB for the wearing seats. It is 98-13-13. I'm not sure what it says but was thinking of pursuing it myself. I have a 99 Expy Tan Leather. The biggest problem is the steering wheel turning black or dirty where I DON'T touch it. Anyone else have that. I use quality leather soap and conditioner.---Thanks

------------------
99 EB Expedition 5.4L with all the perks,3.73 LS,Heated Mirrors and Seats. Everything but sun-roof. Rhino Step Bar, Ford Bug Shield,More to come...

Old 03-02-2000, 09:49 AM
Cool

My last car (Acura Legend) had leather seats and the were cracked...I just got a pair of sheepskin seatcovers and everything was fixed...The sheeps are super; cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Not like the sticky, icky feel of leather. IMHO, of course.

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4, 3.55 rearend,
bodyside mouldings, Snugtop hard tonneau, K&N dropin and airbox mod.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck. Ford 2-piece bra. Catch-All floor mats.
No door cracks yet at 6K!!!

Future mods: 2/4 lowering, and some Roush stuff.

Old 03-02-2000, 09:48 PM
I received my 2000 Lariat 2-08-00 and so far they seem just fine. I looked over them thoroughly (driver side/passenger side) and they seem to be holding up.... so far! They also feel fairly thick. Maybe I got the good side of the cow or someone new at the plant went to Expedition pile of leather for my seats. It's still early yet, but I'm happy with mine.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 SB,SC,Styleside,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector,Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter.

Old 03-02-2000, 11:38 PM
Talking

OK, in order to assist those of us whose seat bottoms are not wearing well, if anyone has had their seat(s) bottoms replaced under warranty, please check in. This will give us some ammo when we go to the dealer and they give us the old "normal wear and tear" line of crap. My driver's seat is now getting out of hand. The grey coloring is starting to wear off near the seams. This is TOTALLY unacceptable in a $33,000 truck with less than 4000 miles on it. Despite using Lexol and not sliding off the seat, I cannot stop the wear!!!

Steve

Old 03-03-2000, 01:27 PM
In 15k on my 00 mine look fine. They are getting "broken in" like a fine pair of leather shoes, but there is no visible wear.
The tan is a pain to keep clean though.

-jeff b.

------------------
2000 F150 4x4 SC/SB 5.4 ORP Lariet Oxford White with Harvest Gold 2 tone.

Old 03-03-2000, 10:33 PM
TSSCS

See my earlier post. The dealer has paid to have new bottoms made my a leather shop using REAL leather. I love them .. although I will never buy leather again .. They also replaced my steering wheel for a rub through in the gray leather. They tried that normal wear line .. but .. I wasn't buying it.

Good Luck
Russ

------------------
1971 F-250 Camper Special Alaskan Camper
1998 F-150 Lariat S/C 4x4 5.4L Line-x
2000 Explorer XLT Mach Audio SOHC

Old 03-04-2000, 12:16 AM
Hey TSCCS, I don't mean to clutter this topic with not having a problem with my seats. Obviously, there is something foul with yours and others on this topic! It seems like Ford tried to get by with cheaper leather on some trucks, maybe a new strategy to save money, not thinking they weren't going to hear complaints. I do feel for you and the others! I would be EXTREMELY Pi$$ed off if this happened to me! Especially just purchasing a brand new truck! It really sounds like FMC was trying something new (cheaper leather) to see if it would be accepted, changed manufacturers or ran out. I did state the way my seats were, because of the topic. By no means do I want you or the other members to think I'm rubbing it in. I'm behind you and if I hear anything, I'll let you know. Take care and best of Luck!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 SB,SC,Styleside,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector,Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter.

Old 03-04-2000, 03:18 PM
Question

Just bought a '01 SuperCrew Lariat with tan leather seats. Have owned a '97 XL and '98 XLT with cloth seats - never had leather seats before. I want to avoid the problems that TSSCS, RussK, and others are having with their leather seats. Anyone have any tried and true methods/products/modifi-cations for maintaining leather seats? I live in L.A. Calif. and it gets rather hot and sunny in summer. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
----------
'01 SuperCrew Lariat, 5.4L, Harvest Gold / Parcment int. Loaded except for moonroof and audio/visual system.

Old 03-04-2000, 04:44 PM
Hey Air101, I see your only a couple of ours south of me. My brother lives in LA.
I've been using the Zaino line of products for the most part. For my leather seats I use Z-9 (Leather Soft) spray cleaner and Z-10 (Leather In A Bottle) treatment and conditioner which has ultra-gaurd(40) sunscreen shield. There working great for me so far. The Zaino site, if you're interested is www.zainobros.com
Welcome aboard!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab, Styleside,SB,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector, Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

[This message has been edited by Lariat Ryder (edited 03-04-2000).]

Old 03-06-2000, 03:58 AM
Hey Lariat Ryder, thanks for the info - I'll be checking out the web site. I think sunscreen shield in the Z-10 will be a plus. You recommend tinting the windows?

Old 03-06-2000, 02:26 PM
Wink

You're quite welcome Air101,
If you're talking about tinting the front two windows (Driver side and Passenger side) I would say "no". It's illegal in California to have tint on the front side windows.... I should know I was pulled over and received a fix-it ticket, had to remove the tint. Unless it's really light tint, you can have it put on, just as long as the police can see inside, but I wouldn't hassel with tinting them. If you're thinking about the two rear windows (back two doors) and the back window.... if they're not already, buy all means "yes". It will definately help cut down on the glare inside as well as protecting the interior and keeping the inside of the truck a bit cooler. The Zaino products really work great for me. A bit pricy, but in my opinion.... well worth it. Hope this helps and best of luck!

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 Supercab, Styleside,SB,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector, Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

Old 03-10-2000, 11:23 PM
Thanks again Lariat Ryder for the info!

Old 05-22-2000, 10:20 AM
Question

Just ordered, still waiting for the SuperCrew to be build. Does anybody know if Ford has improved their leather seats. Some of these negative comments are from new Fords and I'm thinking I might need to change to cloth. Please advice!!!

------------------
(Currently) Ordered 4 May 2000
4X2, Lariat, 5.4L, Deep Wedgewood Blue and Gold, Moonroof, 6cd changer

Old 05-25-2000, 05:11 PM
Red face

Greetings!

I am not aware that Ford has done anything to improve the "leather" that they are using in their vehicles. I recently saw the inside of a '00 GMC truck with "leather", and it appears that GM is using the same garbage that Ford is using. Very annoying. Ford is posting all time record profits lately, and I think that that they are making money producing and selling good cars and trucks, but they are cutting corners on stupid stuff (like using cheaper paint/clear coats, cheap "leather" for the seats, etc.) that really annoy consumers like myself. I have decided to order some Wet Okale seat covers in black/gray to cover the front seats in my truck. I do a lot of Ocean activities here in Florida and purposely didn't get the cloth seats to avoid staining, etc., so the WetOkale's seem to be a good choice as they are made from a supertuff neoprene wetsuite material and come in tons of colors to match, plus they fit like a glove. About $260.00 for the pair. I'll let everyone know how they work out and post pics.

Steve

------------------
2000 4X4 Lariat SuperCab
5.4 Triton
Two-tone black on silver
All options except LS differential

MODS so far:

-Westin step bars (powder coated matte black)
-Lund bug shield
-Gentex electrochromatic rear view mirror
-Cabin filtration kit
-Superchip
-Stull Billet Grill
-Flowmaster Force II catback (series 50 SUV with duals out the rear)
-Line-X bedliner

MODS to come:

-K&N or AirAid FIPK kit
-Mickey Thompson Challenger 16" wheels with 295/75 BFG AT KO's
-4.10 gears (still thinking about this one ...anyone have any input?)
-LS diff or locker of some sort once they are available..
-A.R.E. LSII or Ford HarleyDavidson tonneau cover

1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco
1988 Mustang GT

[This message has been edited by TSSCS (edited 05-25-2000).]

Quick Reply: Driver side leather seat wear