slanted CC arm rest

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up slanted CC arm rest

I read a thread somewhere about the armrest on the passenger-side captain's chair being slanted downard. This seems to be a problem with a lot of the trucks (including my new Screw).

I read a lot of complaining, but saw no fix for it. Well, I fixed it! Not only that, I fixed it for 9 cents (plus tax).

The armrest is held in place by a pivot bolt - which can be removed with a T-50 Torx bit. Once removed, you can see a solid steel stud (5/8" diameter x 3/4" length) protruding from the seat. This stud acts as the stop bar for the armrest (it hits a flat steel section within the armrest). The stud does not hit the flat part soon enough for the armrest to be level.

Go to Home Depot a purchase a NIBCO 1/2" CPVC COUPLING (bone color, individually wrapped, model # 4701, sku # 39923107466, plumbing dept, price: 9 cents)

This pvc coupling is about 1" long and has a 5/8" inside diameter. Cut the length (with a hacksaw) to 3/4". Remove the inside bur (ring) with a file so that the entire inside surface is smooth.

Slide the modified coupling over the steel stud (use gentle taps with a hammer if necessary). Be careful not to pinch the seat's fabric behind the coupling. Reinstall the armrest, while making sure the armrest's fabric is on the outside of the entire piviot and stop assembly.

Done.

Armrest is now level (or pretty damn close).

Old 08-30-2000, 09:18 PM
Talking

I have a '97 with "leather" CC's and the arm rest **** too! I'm gonna try it!
Can I "peel" the leather cover off to reveal the torx bit?

Reamer

Old 09-07-2000, 08:00 AM
Im sure you can. The armrest has to go on somehow.

Quick Reply: slanted CC arm rest