How do I remove the door panels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2000, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I remove the door panels?

I have a rattle in the front right door of my 2001 Supercrew.
Does anyone know how to remove the door panels. The front doors should be similar to any F150.
I found a couple of screws in the bottom. I suppose the rest is held on by clips, but i don't want to break them by just yanking the panel off.
27 Pics:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...6849&a=7174254

Old 07-29-2000, 03:09 PM
Hey Joe, To remove the front door panels just remove the two screws on the bottom of the panel. Pop the cover off behind the door latch release then remove a phillips head screw. Then pull up on the front edge of the piece the window and lock switches sit in and pull forward to remove. There is a 9/32 or similar bolt inside the panel where this cover was located, just remove it, lift up on the panel and it comes right off, real easy.

Rears are the same except for the additional phillips screw located under the verticle trim piece on the rear side of the window frame. This trim piece just pops straight off too. I removed all my door panels yesterday and didn't ruin anything, it's that easy!

Jerry.

Old 07-29-2000, 07:04 PM
Smile

Jerryh,
Thanks for the tips, I just went out and removed the front door panel. WOW, how easy. I have always owned cars that had stupid clips that always break. The ford panels come off very easy.

Thanks for the detailed description. You saved me a lot of hassle and worry. I just don't want to screw up my new truck.

Now, I need to go out and try to figure out that pesky rattle.

I may just have to upgrade the speakers or add some sound proofing while I have the panels off.

Quick Reply: How do I remove the door panels?