Rattle/Creaking All Over the place

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Rattle/Creaking All Over the place

I have about 300 miles left on my warranty. My truck just got back from the shop too, but they never looked into the rattles. I have a metallic one coming from the steering column area and then I think the one on the passenger side airbag clip. Somedays they are bad and others I can't notice them. I also have one coming from the bed somewhere, but I can only hear it when I have the slider open. Should I get a different dealer to look at it? Help! I've only got about 5 days left of warranty! Thanks.

------------------
'99 F150 SC Lariat 4x4 Deep Wedgewood Blue with Harvest Gold 2-Tone, Medium Prairie Tan Leather (getting seat repaired), all the factory options (minus captain's chairs, 6 disc cd changer, ford tonnuea and push button 4wd) Polar Bear Brush Guard, Ford Factory Steb Bars, Extang Tonnuea Cover, Duracoat Liner with Rubber Mat, Flowmaster 50 series, Superchip, K&N Filter, Airbox Mod and Silencer Removed, 2 Rockford Fosgate 8"'s and a 250 watts RF amp

Old 07-25-2000, 07:01 PM
Exclamation

I'd spend the next five days bringing it to several other dealers. Even if they can't fix the problem, make sure it is documented prior to your warranty running out, this may develop into larger problems.

Good luck.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT Supercab Black factory stepbars Flareside Sport Package Oxford White Full tint - all windows. Bug Shield CD player 17" wheels, K&N Air Filter, Ford Soft Tonneau Cover, Gibson Super Truck, "Did it myself" Undercoating, Herculiner, Image Tailight Covers, SUPERCHIP

Stereo Mods:
Clarion Pro Audio SRC5752s mounted in the front, tweeters mounted above arm rests.
Kenwood KFC-577Cs mounted in the rear doors.
B-Quiet sound dampening installed in all doors, three layers on rear wall, and entire floor board done as well.

"Freak on a Leash"

If you've ever purchased online, please visit my new site and post your experience: Online purchasing experiences good and bad.

Click here to get a FREE Sample of the best Sound Dampening Product Ever!

Old 07-28-2000, 10:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There was a message on another web site about this, it is one of the clips that hold the airbag wiring . Talk to the service manager
and tell him you want it FIXED!!!

------------------

Old 07-30-2000, 01:11 AM
Angry

I have rattles and creaking all over in my truck. Taking it to the dealer twice now and still have a lot of noise.
My 12 year old chevy doesn't have any rattles in the cab.

Here's what I've done to fix a few of them:

The hose from the EVAP service port is secured to the firewall by a clip. I put a bead of silicone seal around the clip.
This did not cure the metallic sound coming from around the bottom of the steering column, but did take care of one noise.

I believe I eliminated this very irritating noise by doing one of the following. The hood release cable is routed through a metal bracket. I put some foam pipe plumbing insulation around this area. I also tighten the screw that holds the release handle to the bottom of the dash. So far, seems to have eliminated this noise.

The fuse box lid inside the engine compartment rattled in my
Truck put a few drops of silicone seal on the inside to keep it tight.

Door panels rattle and creek. I stuck some foam weather-strip along the inside edges. This helps, but does not eliminate the noise altogether.

A lot of the wires running under the dash also create noise.
Tape or wire tie them. This eliminated allot of interior noise.

I you have a Super Cab be sure the rear door top is latched.

The door will appear to be latched, but if you pull at the top sometimes the top latch doesn't catch.

My windows rattle terrible when rolled down. Another job I will leave to dealer to do under warranty along with the leaking rear slider. The rattle around the air bag area. Drivers seat that is collapsed. I have card board stuffed under the seat so I can drive the beast.

Truck only has 2,600 miles on it. It has more rattles and creaks in it than my 12 year c2500 125k miles and my wife's 12 year old Chevy Nova (Toyota) 359K miles.

I really like this truck, but the rattles may make it the shortest time I have ever owned a vehicle.

It sure is a fun truck to drive, but I don't like to have to have the stereo blasting all the time to cover up the rattles.

Vent off

99 f150 Red SC 5.4 ORP 4x4 XLT

[This message has been edited by alsored (edited 07-30-2000).]

[This message has been edited by alsored (edited 07-30-2000).]

Quick Reply: Rattle/Creaking All Over the place