I'm a sucker.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2000, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm a sucker.....

OK I admit it, I'm a sucker for new little things that come out on the market that interest me and after several years are still there. Slick 50 was my first one. I remember the early 80's it was $50 a bottle. I tried in my first Ranger in '91 after it had come down to $20 and I had previous lube problems in a Dodge pickup.
Within the last year I have purchased a Chia Pet, a Clapper, Clay bar, and my newest toy, a California Duster. I have seen them for a long time and Steveo just picked one up and liked it so I had to get one. It's like a sickness though, after my truck was done, I went through the whole apartment dusting. It works great and if anyone is thinking of getting one Iwould recommend it, especially since they are only $12 at Wal-mart $6 for the small one, I remember when they were $29.95 on TV.

------------------
all4chem@aol.com
Y2K XLT Supercab Flareside, Oxford White, Medium Graphite, Captains Chairs, 6-Disc, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Tow Pkg, Block Heater, Sliding Glass, Keyless Entry, 5-Spoke Al Wheels, P235/70R-16 OWL Tires, Clear Corner Lenses, Eaglite Plasma Headlights, Al Striker Plates for the rear doors, Oxford White Lund Interceptor, Line-X Liner.
Ordered: 01-17-00
Built: 02-23-00
Delivered: 03-13-00

Old 06-16-2000, 05:41 AM
Wink

A$C I am glad that you took my advice I was washing my truck three times a week since we have tons of polen in this neck of the woods and now I am back to just once, I just bought them bady cloth diapers so I can use the spray detailer. So go down to wal-mart and pic them up to since I cost you $12.00 already. The cloth diapers were $10.00 for 12 so I guess that isn't bad..........steve

------------------
  • -1999 Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside ORP
  • -4.6 Liter V-8, Auto, 3.55 LS Rear
  • -Deep Wedgewood Blue
  • -Lund Lighted Moon Visor (painted)
  • -Lund Interceptor Bug Guard (painted)
  • -Deflecta-Shield Window Rain Guards (painted)
  • -Delecta-Shield Slotted Tail Light Covers (painted)
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Ford Factory Cab Steps
  • -Extang Soft Bed Cover
  • -Yellow Under Car Strip Lights
  • -Tinted Windows (5% totally illegal)
  • -Pioneer P725R CD Player w/Flip Face Head Unit
  • -Superwhite Headlight Bulbs (from Online Store)
  • -K&N Air Filter
  • -Air Box Silencer Removed, Tail Light Modification
  • -Cranked Torsion Bars to Level Truck Out

In Loving Memory of Craig W. Menth Sr. Maltese Cross Fire Memorial Sticker

www.my-f150.com/steveo
steveo@f150fanatic.com

[This message has been edited by steveo (edited 06-16-2000).]

Old 06-16-2000, 09:15 AM
Cool

All4chem,

I think that you suffer from a condition known as accessory idous. Now that you truck is the way you want it you body is still craving the excitement of a new aftermarket product. Not to worry though! You have the night and day support of MILLIONS of fellow
members with the same disorder. This can be cured by buying a Chevy. But that would be no fun.

------------------
1997 4.6 xlt 5-speed.
System includes Clarion head unit, 2 12w6's, jl 6 1/2 components, Two alpines running the show.

Old 06-16-2000, 01:43 PM
Thumbs up

Here's a new product idea. In my local paper there is a guy who has a patent pending on a 2" receiver accessory. It is a toilet seat. You just put it in the hitch receiver and put a bucket under it. "What American ingenuity". I'm sure he'll make a million bucks while Thomas Edison turns over in his grave.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL,RC,LB,5.4,4R70W,3.55LS,
4-wheel disc/ABS,Chestnut/Parchment,
Ford bedliner & gas/wheel/spare locks,
3" cold air box modification,Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back.

Old 06-16-2000, 07:40 PM
Not something you would want to use in the Wal-Mart parking lot

------------------
2000 Lariat Flareside Supercab, 5.4, 3.55LS, towing package, captains chairs, 6 disc cd changer, Bugflector II and Herculiner Bedliner.

Old 06-16-2000, 08:32 PM
Thanks Steveo, I already use the diapers and have a bottle of Meguiars Final Inspection in the rear door map pocket for quick touch-up and bird duty removal.

Popeye- I'll NEVER buy a GM product, my friend has used tons of art gum erasers to silence squeaks and rattles in his vehicles, yet he remains loyal so I admire him for that.

Max-I'll pass on the toliet seat, I wouldn't want to be the "bucket cleaner". If nature calls and I'm not near a real toliet, hey if it's good enough for birds, squirrels, and bears, you know where I'm going.

Quick Reply: I'm a sucker.....