Hells Bells

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2000, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hells Bells

I know I had a post like this before but no real solutions. I figured Id give it a try again so bear with me please.....

Does anyone know how to make that damn door buzzer shut up??? Its driving me nuts.I cant seem to locate it under my dash. Seems like behind the fuse panel to me. Has anyone done any wire clipping yet???? Can anyone else relate to this problem???

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 XLT BLACK ORP 4.6 5 SPEED 3.55
LUND HOOD SHEILD
K&N
FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 SINGLE OUTLET
PREMIUM SOUND W/CHANGER
CAPTAIN CHAIRS
PIONEER 6815's(for now)
SUPERCHIP
AIRBOX MOD
WAAG BRUSH GUARD
SPIRALMAX

Old 04-08-2000, 12:23 AM
Ummm.. Exactly what's the problem? Is it dinging with the doors closed? This should also mean your interior lights stay on. If it is, then the switch in the latch mechanism is dirty. You can try spraying a liberal amount of WD40 in the latch to clean it out.

Or, do you want the dinging to go off when you leave your door open, like when you're working on the truck? If that's the case, then just trip the latch with a screwdriver. Remember to lift the door handle before you slam the door shut. A clothespin on the metal loop in the doorsill would make a good reminder for you.

You probably don't want to cut any wires since that alarm also tells you if you forgot to turn your headlights off.

Old 04-10-2000, 08:38 PM
Angry

I am talking about when the door is open. I really dont care about the warning buzzer if the lights are on or anything else that it does. I guess Im gonna have to take the whole dash apart. Its seems like no one can feel my pain here. No offense Dennis.

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 XLT BLACK ORP 4.6 5 SPEED 3.55
LUND HOOD SHEILD
K&N
FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 SINGLE OUTLET
PREMIUM SOUND W/CHANGER
CAPTAIN CHAIRS
PIONEER 6815's(for now)
SUPERCHIP
AIRBOX MOD
WAAG BRUSH GUARD
SPIRALMAX