Manual Lumbar Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2000, 01:26 PM
TJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Manual Lumbar Problem?

Hello all,

I have a 97 F150 XLT with the manual lumbar adjustment for my 40/60 split bench seat. When I try to turn the **** on the lower side of the seat it does nothing at all. Has anyone had this problem and would it be possible to fix it myself or just take it to the dealer? I bought the truck used at 58k and it has never worked.

Thanks!
TJ

------------------
97 F150 XLT, S/C, styleside, shortbed, 4x4, 4.6L V8, 5-speed, Catback Exaust. Future Mods: Airaid, Superchip, Gibson Swept Side...

Old 04-07-2000, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I believe there is a cable that controls this. It could be off (i've seen this) or it could be broken, then again it could be something else all together. You can try to fix it yourself by removing the upholstery from the seat back and the trim panel on the side of the seat and checking the cable and make sure all is well.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Quick Reply: Manual Lumbar Problem?