New? 60/40 split bench doesn't intrude into back seats.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2000, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New? 60/40 split bench doesn't intrude into back seats.

Was at a few dealerships today & saw that there is a new flip down console in some of the '00's I didn't see anything different on the sticker just different seats inside. Here is a comparison of the two flip down console/seats:
1. Has one cup holder & storage. The seat back goes all the way down to the bottom of the seat. When folded down the seat intrudes into the rear seating area. When seat is folded down anything placed on the seat will slide through to the back floor.

2. Has two cup holders & storage. The seat back is cut off at the bottom. Leaving about a 3" gap between the bottom of the seat back & the seat. The seat though does have a small thing sticking up at the back (about 2" tall) that would keep stuff from falling to the back floor. When the seat is folded down it does not protrude into the back seat.

Basically it looks like they folded the seat down & took a chainsaw to the part that intruded into the back.

The dealer was closed so I couldn't get inside to have a look.

Any thoughts? Anyone know if the newer seat is standard? Or how you get it?

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com
My-F150.com (coming soon)

[This message has been edited by quzax (edited 02-27-2000).]

Old 02-27-2000, 11:46 PM
Greetings!

I'm unclear as to what your describing here. Your talking about the center console on trucks with captains or the bench console?

Steve

------------------
2000 4X4 Lariat SuperCab
5.4 Triton
Two-tone black on silver
All options except LS differential

MODS so far:

-Westin step bars (powder coated matte black)
-Lund bug shield
-Gentex electrochromatic rear view mirror
-Cabin filtration kit
-Superchip
-Stull Billet Grill
-Flowmaster Force II catback (series 50 SUV with duals out the rear)
-Line-X bedliner

MODS to come:

-K&N or AirAid FIPK kit
-Mickey Thompson Challenger 16" wheels with 295/75 BFG AT KO's
-4.10 gears (still thinking about this one ...anyone have any input?)
-LS diff or locker of some sort once they are available..
-A.R.E. LSII or Ford HarleyDavidson tonneau cover

Old 02-28-2000, 12:11 AM
The center fold down armrest/console/seat that is on the 60/40 split bench seats, not the captains chairs.

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com

Old 02-28-2000, 07:46 PM
Hey quzax, sounds about right to me. I have the 2000 Lariat and it has the fold down center console which has a big cup holder and a storage flip lid.... just like a glove box. You can flip the console up to accomodate another passenger. When the console is down, there is about a 3 inch gap between the seat and console.... there is really nothing to keep things from falling through to the back, if they're on the seat. However, I do have the center seat belt buckled so it forms somewhat of a barrier.... works! The back seat also has the 60/40 split and both sides of the split fold up with the push of a lever, to give you added space for groceries, tools, luggage.... etc. Hope this helps you out.... the 60/40 split bench seats are great! I definately like the fold-down console in the center too.... gives me a place to rest my arm.

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat 4x2 SB,SC,Styleside,Amazon Green/Clearcoat Metallic,5.4 Liter V8, Class III Tow-Package,3.55 Limited Slip Rear,Bug Deflector,Duraliner Bedliner,Superchip,K&N Filter.

Old 02-28-2000, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Did you possibly look at the new 2001 Supercrew?

The center console in my 2000 is the same as my the one I had in my 98 F-150.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

[This message has been edited by Dustoff (edited 02-28-2000).]

Old 02-28-2000, 09:01 PM
Looks like i'll have to find my digital camera & post some pictures on this one. I looked at a lot of trucks on Sun. Two of them were side by side. Both were 2000 F-150 XLT S/C with 60/40 split bench cloth seats. The one labeled as (1) in my original post is the configuration I see & hear most people with. THe second one is a configuration that I saw on a few of the trucks (maybe 10% of them) at the 2 different dealers I went to on Sunday. They were both 60/40 split benches no mistaking that. It's just the fold down seat console part was different on some of them. Hope this helps a little. I'll try & find my camera tomorrow & post some pics.

------------------
quzax@my-f150.com

[This message has been edited by quzax (edited 02-28-2000).]

Old 02-28-2000, 10:12 PM
Cool

Ok, let me try to explain this, notice when you fold down the center console it sticks out into the rear seat area a little bit. Well, for 00 they shortened it. It no longer protrudes into the rear seating area, leaving more room in the rear for passengers. Down side, a smaller area to store stuff in, since this cut down on the interior room in the console. I like the idea, but don't like the new console.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 02-29-2000, 08:05 AM
Sycoholic

Not totally true. I have a 2000 and the center console basically prohibits someone from sitting in the center of the rear set when the console is down because it protrudes into the rear leg room significantly.

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT Sport
Silver
4 door Supercab, Short Bed (Only way to fit in the garage)
17" Sport Wheels with BFG tires
4.6l V8, Auto Transmission (First one in 20 years)
In-Dash Single CD Player

Hopes and Dreams:
Spray-in Bedliner
K&N Filter
WMS Velocity Tube
FlowMaster Exhaust
Nerf Bars

Old 02-29-2000, 07:41 PM
Cool

it's like a mid-year change thing.

Old 02-29-2000, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Glad I bought mine in October then before this change...mine is just like my old 98 supercab....and I like it. Plenty-O-room!!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

Quick Reply: New? 60/40 split bench doesn't intrude into back seats.