Completed rear door panels!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2000, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Completed rear door panels!

Here are the rear door panels completed in tweed. Note the scuplted flame in the map holder. And the white line on the left side is from the flash (you can see that on a number of interior shots I've posted. I'll have to take some shots in a week or so when the headliner is finished (Flames sculpted throughout)

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 4" rear & 3" front, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Newest E/T at the drags 6/26/99: 14.9sec at 90.4 mph. Billet Badges, Billet Antenna, Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. Just added (12/16/99) Billit oval rear view mirror, billit master cylinder cover, and billet third brake light cover.1/16/00 - added billet sill plates, "red" braided hoses, "Red" nut covers. Also, have added light gray tweed on the interior, Blaupundt "Nevada" CD (in Red of course), Q-Form Kick panels with 6"diamonds and tweeters, color coded lower front valance, and radiator cover. For photos e-mail me at: whtstuff@aol.com OR my web page at Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html

Old 02-15-2000, 07:02 AM
Cool

cableguy: Looking good! Cant wait to see the finished truck.

Josh

Old 02-15-2000, 11:41 AM
Thumbs up

Looks really good!!!!!!

------------------
Ford vs Chevy
www.fordvschevy.com
Moderator: Road Kill, Mustang vs F-bodies
2000 White F-150 Sport 4.2L 5-speed,3.55 gears
No Mods Yet
superstang97@yahoo.com

Old 02-15-2000, 04:10 PM
Talking

Cableguy,

How? Who? Where? How much? Kit? Custom?

I'm at a loss for words, Looks GREAT!

------------------
1999 Harvest Gold F-150 4x2 SuperCab XLT Styleside, 4.6, Auto, Air box Mods, Tow Pkg, Alarm, Snug-Top Hard Tonneau cover(painted to match), 6-disk Pioneer CD changer, Kenwood Tri-Band Ham radio (2m,440,220), Billet grille, Bug Deflector, Clear corner lights, tinted front windows.

Planned Mods: Cat back exhaust, Headers, Superchip, 2/3 inch lower.

Old 02-15-2000, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That actually looks very nice!!

------------------
2000 F-150 XLT, 4x2, 5.4L Supercab, Styleside, Black with silver two-tone, 3.55, class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, 4 wheel disk ABS, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, dark graphite interior, in dash CD, Pendaliner bedliner, K&N air filter, rubberized undercoating, cabin filtration system, Bugflector II, 5W-30 Mobil 1, engine build 10/4/99

Old 02-16-2000, 12:19 AM
Thumbs up

Looks really good, especially the flames.

------------------
99 F150 XLT Silver 2WD S/C 4.2 5-speed, Pioneer DEH P4000, Superchip, Flowmaster muffler // Rear door switch guards - check them out at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5031

[This message has been edited by Darin (edited 02-15-2000).]

Old 02-16-2000, 11:49 AM
Smile

Brilliant! (as usual). So... where'd ya get the flames... c'mon fess up buddy!

--Duke

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat, 4x2, 4.6L automatic Supercab, Styleside, Blue with gold two-tone, 3.55 slip axle, class III towing package, overhead console, sliding rear window, keyless entry, leather interior, in dash CD, Ford/Duraliner bedliner, Ford chrome nerf bars, Ford bug deflector, Steel Horse billet grille, Leer hard tonneau cover, Superchip, Airaid, Billet door sills & antennae, Gibson split rear exit with 3" slash tips, chrome differential cover. My How-To Articles

Old 02-17-2000, 02:09 AM
Cool

Geez...thanks all. The flames are upholstry foam I cut out. For the headliner I used a differnet style flame more pointed...have cut out about 30 pieces. The fabric is Pewter tweed..cost me $9.95 per sq. yard. Applied with 3M 90 super hold. Spray the panel and the fabric let stand fora couple minutes till kind of a dry tacky the lay it on and smooth it out to the edges...fold over spray back...glue down the edge and trim. With the flames I glue them on first...the re-spray the glue over the flame and panel and fabric let stand again then apply...rubbing the fbric in all the grooves of the flames real good. Thats about it. the windows though were a real bitch...had to sew the corners with a seam to fit..then stretch it tight to help hide the seam as much as possible...turnout pretty good...hope to start the headliner this weekend when Iget home...In Tucson right now...and have to come back here next week too.

Old 02-18-2000, 11:39 PM
Cool

Welcome to tucson, pretty nice weather lately.The traffic is getting worse year by year especially if your on the north side of town.been to albuquercue with my high school baseball team, nice place.

[This message has been edited by mike150 (edited 02-18-2000).]

Old 02-19-2000, 02:04 AM
Cool

Thanks Mike...Yeah Tucson is a pretty nice place to. 78 degrees the other day...VERY NICE and only 8% humidity, eat your heart out Florida!!!
here's my updated and new Signature too.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 6" rear with 'C' notch/flip kit & 3" front with coils, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Braided Hose covers (red), wire loom covers (purple), CoolFlex radiator hose (chrome w/red connectors), red color matched nut covers, Color coded TB, Radiator cover, and electric box cover, Billet master cyclinder cover, Billet antenna, billet, badges (FORD F-150), billet 3rd brake light, billet pedals, billet rear view mirror, clear corner lenses, tweed Dash (Pewter color),Tweed door panels w/sculted flames, Blaupunkt "Nevada" Digiceiver CD w/remote (red), Q-forms w/diamond mids & tweeters. Tweed headliner w/sculted flames.
FUTURE MODS...Shaved tail lights, custom steel roll pan, shaved tailgate handle, swing tailgate, suicide hood w/chrome rollers, "ghost" flames, WELD Flame rims, Fronts 275/45/17 rear 285/50/17, shaved door handles, window tint, alarm, airbags, sport tonneau, smooth wiper cowl, billet wipers, billwt resevoirs, white face gauges, custom tweed bedlining, subs, amps.Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. billet sill plates, hoses, color coded lower front valance, web page at [URL=Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html]

Old 02-19-2000, 06:37 PM
Wink

Cableguy, LOOKS GREAT!!! I need to invest in that tweed mfg company!! Gotta hand it to ya for the most fabric this side of an excursion. Love it, and it sounds fairly easy, but I don't think I'll try it. I can see screwing it up, and ending up with glue marks all over my plastic. I can handle the mechanical side, but I'll let people like you do the interiors. Keep it up, I look forward to checking the list to see new pics of your truck.

Old 02-19-2000, 08:19 PM
Cool

Actually I had screwed up (especially on the rear door panel around the window) a few times...and believe it or not cleaned off the glue once and it worked without messing up the plastic...so good cleaning can keep it looking okay if ya mess up. Your right though, if you dont feel like "frustration" take it to someone that knows..those windows were a bitch...had to sew in seams.

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 6" rear with 'C' notch/flip kit & 3" front with coils, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Braided Hose covers (red), wire loom covers (purple), CoolFlex radiator hose (chrome w/red connectors), red color matched nut covers, Color coded TB, Radiator cover, and electric box cover, Billet master cyclinder cover, Billet antenna, billet, badges (FORD F-150), billet 3rd brake light, billet pedals, billet rear view mirror, clear corner lenses, tweed Dash (Pewter color),Tweed door panels w/sculted flames, Blaupunkt "Nevada" Digiceiver CD w/remote (red), Q-forms w/diamond mids & tweeters. Tweed headliner w/sculted flames. Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. Billet sill plates. Color coded lower front valance.

FUTURE MODS...Shaved tail lights, custom steel roll pan, shaved tailgate handle, swing tailgate, suicide hood w/chrome rollers, "ghost" flames, WELD Flame rims, Fronts 275/45/17 rear 285/50/17, shaved door handles, window tint, alarm, airbags, sport tonneau, smooth wiper cowl, billet wipers, billwt resevoirs, white face gauges, custom tweed bedlining, subs, amps.web page at [URL=Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html]

Old 02-27-2000, 01:07 PM
I have done this with other material on my little truck. Mine has scallops in though instead of flames. My interior sceme matches the outside paint. It is a BITCH but "Ain't it coool!!" Good job man. Good luck with the headliner. I did a friends headliner with a Ford emblem in it. Major Bitch!! We used the headliner material and it didnt work very well, it has too much cushion for detail.

Hey, if you havent taken off the material from your headliner yet. Dont try solvent to remove the old glue and adhesive. If your headliner is cardboard or fiberglass it will absorb it and then the new wont work as well. We used a wire wheel to scrub off the old sh*t. only took 15 min to get it spottless (well maybe 30) time flies when you having fun.

Good luck cant wait to see it. Everyone I know keep threatening me with bodily harm if I start doing this to my new truck.

Black 98

Old 02-27-2000, 07:46 PM
Cool

Yeah I thought the wife would kill me...but after EVERYTHING else I've done...oh well. Took her to a car show and she liked the way the interiors looked so "off to the races" I have gone, and she doesn't seem to mind. Yeah the headliner is that foam stuff and the upholstry shop I go to told me the same thing...so I'll be very careful...can't wait to get to it. Been having to go out of town the last three weeks and have probably 2 more to go so when I get back I'll be right at it.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Completed rear door panels!