Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2000, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog Lights

I just bought a 2000 F-150 with fog lights. The lights are installed by the factory and are wired, but there is no way to turn them on. I looked at other 2000 models and the switch is located at the head light switch. But I do not have that same switch. How do I turn on my foglights?????

Old 01-01-2000, 07:11 PM
try turning the switch to headlights and then pull the switch out it should click out once that may turn them on.......

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,chip,ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs,killer stereo, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"

Old 01-01-2000, 09:52 PM
I tried that, but the switch does not pull out. Anyother ideas???

Old 01-01-2000, 10:02 PM
If your truck doesn't match the instructions in the owner's manual you may have a "misbuilt" unit.

See https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000300.html

Old 01-02-2000, 12:59 AM
Wink

You're not bad off.

They don't work worth a damn; and only P*ss-off oncoming traffic.

Old 01-04-2000, 12:30 AM
jgorka, I'm sorry you don't like your fog lamps. Me personally I love mine. They do not put out as much light as high beams, but you don't have to turn them off when traffic is coming.

Firehungry, if turning the headlights on and then pulling back on the headlight switch (with high beams off also) does not turn on the fog lamps, go back to the dealer and ask them to show you. And don't leave until you have seen them come on. That way you know they work, or if something is broken the dealer knows about and can start ordering the parts to fix it.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, fog lamps, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, bug guard, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 01-07-2000, 03:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wily the only way you can get fog lights on a 4x2 from the factory is to get a Lighting or you have to put them on your self if you want fog lights on a 4x2.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT Reg. cab
4.6 Triton Engine
4x2 3.55 rear end gear
sliding rear window
automatic keyless entry
white styleside short box

[This message has been edited by hmustang (edited 01-07-2000).]

Old 01-07-2000, 10:57 PM
Heck I love my fog lights. I drive with em on all the time at night, it looks really cool.

------------------

Patrick aka Mudder
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Stone Cold edition F150, Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Ramsey Pro 8000 hidden winch, Grizzly roll bar, Superwhite Bulbs, 2 Baja lights, 8 165 watt KC lights (if I can't be the biggest I'm gonna be the brightest, so if ya need some light gimme a call, will 14 do?), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars, Rhino Taillight guards (thanks Pony), Magnum bug shield, Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, Cobra CB radio, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield . More to come for the 3:16 machine: shocks, and Airaid. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav
Ford Trucks: "when you absolutely have to have the very best".

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 01-07-2000).]

Old 01-08-2000, 12:30 AM
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but it appears that some of you have fog lights with a 4x2. I thought you could only get the fog lights on a 4x4. Is this correct? I'm about ready to order a new truck and I really want fog lights but I don't want or need a 4x4.
Thanks.

Old 01-08-2000, 11:07 AM
Cool

hey ***** some of us have had a 4x4 bumper &lights installed or done it ourselves..i don't think you can order it but maybe you can work out a deal with the dealer or body shop...

------------------
pacific green 97 f150 4.6l..reg cab flareside 150XLT ,ROUSH suspention down 3 fr and3.5rear,3.55LS,snug lid,carpeted bed, painted tailight accents,4x4 grill &bumper,k&n,SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE),ram air kit,valvoline synthetic,accel super stock wires,platinum plus4 plugs,flow master muff,blue halogen bulbs, speed-glo dash,carbon fiber gauge accent,..."#6 sticker!!!!"
STEREO:eclipse head unit ,boston seperates ,orion amp, pioneer amp,2-orion 12's,custom box by me!,sony adjustable crossover,1 farad cap&way to many cd's

Old 01-08-2000, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

You can order the fog light kit from Ford for a little over $300.00 if I remember correctly.

Old 01-08-2000, 11:29 PM
Smile

Until I bought my 4x4 that had its own fog lights, I thought that those other owners of nice-looking 4x4's had no choice but to run with those fog lights on.

Now that I have them, and even though they are merely ornamental under normal driving conditions, I too feel the urge to turn them on because they look so good.

It's too bad that they only brighten up the space from the bumper to where the normal low-beams hits some 30 feet ahead.

Since for anyone wearing glasses in the oncoming lane the wall of light can be extremely annoying -- I only turn them on around dusk or around dawn to avoid causing an accident due to someone coming at me with scratched glasses and mis-judging his distance from me.

I'm planning to rewire the switch so that I can run just the fog lamps without having to use the normal low-beams too.

[This message has been edited by jgorka (edited 01-09-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000, 05:13 PM
Talking

Guess what??? My fog lights are now working.
I went to the dealer, and asked them how do I turn on my fog lights? They ran to my truck and said I'll show you, but they opened the door and said sh_t. They ordered the correct switch and installed it two days later. Now I'm a proud owner of fog lights that operate. Now I need a superchip.

Old 01-14-2000, 09:00 AM
Hey you guy ever tried using them in actual Fog? They work for that! LOL

Mine now clash with my "White-Whites" so I only turn em on when I need em. Maybe have to get a set for the foggers but they say they dont work as well in fog. At least thats what some say.

------------------
97 F-150 SC Lariat, Styleside, White over Gold, 4.6L (Windsor), Automatic, 3.55 rear end, electronic 4X4, w/ every option of Lariat and ORP packages except the 17" wheels (I even got the OR decals now!), MOD's so far: K&N air box mod, Gibson Super Truck, clear Bugflector II, Leer TSC 600 hard cover, Bridgestone Dueler OWL ATP 265/75 R-16's, TrailMaster Invader N7 shocks, Smittybilt step bars, Ford moulded mud guards, "White-white" head lamps, Cloud Rider Design's SS Grill and bumper opening "Summer Grill's", Bosch platinum + 4's.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights