False Door Ajar warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2000, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question False Door Ajar warning

I have a '97 F-150 XLT and the Door Ajar warning light stays on after the ignition is turned on. When it is shut off, the dome light and the cargo light is still on. Has anyone seen this before or does anyone have any suggestions? Of course, I've checked all 3 doors for any obstrucions or obstacles preventing them from closing completely but everything appears to be closing properly.

------------------
MPDallas

Old 01-02-2000, 04:17 PM
Search for "Door Ajar" on the message board, you will find many topics on this problem. You will have to remove the door panel(s) to gain access to the switch. The "Door Ajar"/interior lights switch is part of the door latch assembly.

Good luck.

Michael

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT SC 4X4 5.4L ( 2000 )
9.75 inch 3.55 open rear
Air Box Mods and K&N filter
P265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueller H/T
Black DeeZee Running Boards
Vent Shades
SportMaster Tonneau Cover
I want an AUBURN GEAR Limited Slip Rear Differential!

Old 01-05-2000, 08:10 PM
Angry

Hey MPDallas,
Ijust had the same problem with my 97 seems it was the drivers door but could not be sure. Took it to my dealer and they ran a diagnostic test and found it to be that door, and replace the switch in the door panel. I recomaned that if you know which door is causing it then get the $12 switch and do it your self, cost me around $100 for them to do it and it took them about a hafh an hour to doit. Hope this Help.

------------------
97 F-150 5.4 Triton 4x4 Teal Green. Cobra 40ch cb with weather, 100ch Uniden scanner,Vent Shades & bug deflector. and love her to death. She is called "Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound"

Quick Reply: False Door Ajar warning