2003 Heritage Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Heritage Seat

Im having a problem with my driver seat material coming apart. I contacted my dealer where i purchased the truck and show the service manager the problem,he stated that it was owner error.The truck has 14761 miles on. The dealer said it wasnt covered under warranty or my extended warranty? It appears the black threads are pulling away from the beige backing.Any and all suggestions would be most helpful.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:32 PM
First I would ask how it is driver error and if there is an unacceptable answer kick his a$$....probably not a good idea but that kinda thing really ticks me off. I would go to another dealer and they will most likely take care of it. Good luck!

Old 10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glass,

I'm very sorry to hear about your issue. Unfortunately, the occasional dealership will attempt to shaft a customer and, in your case, I think you're getting just that.

The proper plan of attack would be to either try another stealership and explain the situation. Explain to them that you've been very disappointed by dealership A's help and you're shopping, not only for an acceptable and well deserved repair, but also for another dealership.

The second course of action would be to contact Ford Customer Service. I see, under no circumstance, how this could be your fault unless you were down there with some scissors clipping the threads (which I find highly unlikely). It's workmanship and nothing you could've caused.

Good luck with your seat and please let us know how it turns out.

RP

Old 10-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I agree with RP. Make sure you stress how new the vehicle is. I can see this happening on a vehicle more than 3 years old... but not something this new.

Quick Reply: 2003 Heritage Seat