Bench Seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bench Seats

I have a2002 f-150 with a bench seat. I am looking to replace the bench seat with either a 40/20/40 seat, or one with armrests in the middle. Does anyone know where I can get new seats?

Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 PM
You should look at a 99+ 60/40 bench. All the holes should be there for you.only problem I can see..... Where are your seatbelts?

Old 03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
smokeeatert

We just did this swap in my buddies 99 this weekend. He went with bucket seats and bought them off Ebay for a good price. The seats matched and we added power for the power drivers side. Its an easy swap if you can find the seats. Possibly you could find a good clean set that matches at local wrecking yard

But like firezapper mentioned you need to watch out how your seat belts mount. The older ones had the shoulder/lap belt mounted to the ceiling area and some of the newer ones are integrated into the seats. It could mean a big difference in what year specific/style seats you would need. Another thing to look at is your truck has 4 mounting bolts now for the bench seat. The style you are looking at may have 6-8 so you will need more seat bolts....We needed 4 more on the conversion we did.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Yea I just did the conversion to buckets myself. My write up

Depending on the year seats you get the 60 section mounts at different locations.... I think the split is the 2002 seats. But no matter which you get all the holes are there. Just need the bolts.

Quick Reply: Bench Seats