Floor mats; decisions decisions

Old 02-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor mats; decisions decisions

Looking to buy a good set of mats and after reading all the other threads about floor mats I am still wondering about what everyone seems to think about their mats. I am looking at several options and would like other input to help me decide what I want. Here are the options I am thinking about

Catch-All Xtreme rubber type mats:

Huskey rubber mats:

Old 02-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Had to continue onto another post...cant post 4 pics in one post....

Catch-All Carpeted mats:

Huskey Carpeted Mats:

They are all fairly close in price, so that is not really much a determining factor. I am leaning toward the carpeted mats. However, I am open to any and all suggestions. My truck does not get any heavy mud and grime, just light grass, rainwater, and the occasional snow. Also, I would appreciate any pictures you might have of your favorite mats. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Old 02-07-2004, 09:08 AM
I just put in the Nifty Catch-All Premium carpeted in my '01 SCab. The fronts fit fine but the rear does not have a cutout for my the factory CD changer. In order to get it to lay flat in the rear I had to lift up the changer and put the lip of the mat under it.

With all this winter slop I'm wondering if I would have been better off with "rubber" ones.

They are nice mats but I don't know if I would pay that much for them again.

Old 02-07-2004, 10:43 AM
././///

Last edited by FrankLee; 06-20-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:43 AM
.//.//////

Last edited by FrankLee; 06-20-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still sold on my Husky Liners... I think you'll like any of them...

Old 02-07-2004, 02:20 PM
RockPick has a good point about liking any of them. The premium mats that you are looking into are designed to fit very well, which is most peoples primary concern. Beyond that, its personal preference for texture and color.
I've got the Nifty Catch-All Xtremes in my '04 Lariat SCrew. I happened to have cleaned the interior today. The drivers mat was filthy from weeks of winter "muck" on my shoes/boots. It took a couple of minutes to scrub them with a gong brush and some soap, and voila...this picture was taken about an hour ago:

Good luck,
John

Old 02-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Every time I see the husky rubber mats they never look like they fit very well and seem to kind of wave and buckle which just doesnt look clean to me. I live in florida so there is a lot of sand and sand is just about impossible to completely get out of carpet so I stayed away from them (I'm amazed at how much sand can accumulate in a few days on the rubber ones I have). From your pictures the catch all extreme rubber look the best to me but I went with the heavy duty ford OEM rubber mats. They have the same shape as the stock mats and mine have the blue oval at the top and say F-150 down the side. I think they look really good but thats my opinion. I believe if you go to ford you will find them for about the same price as the ones you are listing. However, I got mine off ebay for 12 bucks brand new shipped. Cant beat that. For the back (exd. cab) I went to walmart and got one that goes all the way across the back. I have a grey interior and it is black but it looks good and I found that the two piece mats still allowed a lot of dirt to get back there when two people are crammed in. I'll try to take some pictures and add them to the post a little later. Good luck!

Old 02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
I recenly posted the same thing you're talking about.Check it out. I'm getting the Extremes. I really like the way they look. I'm sure they function as well too.

Just my 2 cents.
Good luck,
Ron

Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I just purchased the Catch-All Xtreme's from summitracing.com

$58.95 for the fronts and $58.95 for the full rear. Free Shipping but $8.45 "handling" fee.

I need rubber mats to help keep the mud and dirt from the lake off the carpet. Kids are getting older, but they are still messy.

Scott

Will post pics when I get them.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
this may sound ****, but i use bath towels on top of my floor mats cause i don't want them to get dirty. all i have to do is wash the towel!! i love my truck, inside and out!!

Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey, whatever works. Sounds like a simple solution.

Scott

Old 02-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Got the mats (Xtreme Catch-all) a few days ago, I like them. I think they will work out great for my needs.

(Didn't know how to put a picture in the post, so you'll have to see them in the Add-ons gallery)

Scott

Old 02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by rsballard64
Got the mats (Xtreme Catch-all) a few days ago, I like them. I think they will work out great for my needs.

(Didn't know how to put a picture in the post, so you'll have to see them in the Add-ons gallery)

Scott
Looks good, looking forward to getting mine. Heres your pics...

Old 02-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks,

and thanks for posting those pics. I'm still new to the forum and haven't taken the time to figure everything out yet.

Scott

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Floor mats; decisions decisions