Floor console for 60/40 bench

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor console for 60/40 bench

I've been searching all over for a nice unit, looked at the Wolf's, TSI, and a few others. They were either too expensive ($200+) or not what I was looking for.

I think I've scanned through nearly every post in here, and saw a number of people have done what I'm planning, and that is to build a custom console to sit on the tranny hump with the 60/40 bench seat.

I'm mainly looking for something that will provide a bit of storage, but more important, provide a tabletop suitable for using a laptop/GPS setup while traveling.

Before I dig in, I was wondering if anyone who's done this has any pictures that might help.

I'm actualy considering a 2 piece design. The main part being a typical box attached to the floor. The other part being a smaller piece attached via hinge to the front of the box, that could fold up on top of the box. When unfolded, it would bridge the space between the seat and box, possibly resting on the seat sloping at a slight angle that I would attach the laptop to.

I don't want something too tall that would get in the way of the power plug and cup holder, or so long that the seat can't move far enough forward, hence the folding idea. I'm also thinking if I place the box close enough to the dash to allow decent seat travel, the laptop would be too close to the dash.

Quick Reply: Floor console for 60/40 bench