what do you use to clean your interior?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you use to clean your interior?

i used to use armour all multi purpose cleaner cuz it didnt leave a real shiny surface or oily residue. but now i cant find it anywhere. does anyone know of a product with similar results? doesnt leave it real shiny or oily?

Old 08-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Try the Armorall cleaning wipes in the despenser.

Target carries them. I think it works better then the previous cleaner from ArmorAll.

I never looked, but maybe Wally World carries them as well, I know Sam's Club has them from time to time.

They are the purple container. This is a straight up cleaning wipe, not oily or gloss like the traditional ArmorAll. This is all I use, no dressing of any sorts, so it does not attract dust.
I have the container under the rear seat where I can grap it, so when I am sitting in traffic, and not on the phone I reach back, grab them and start cleaning off the dash, console and driver's door.

Good luck finding something.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:42 PM
thanks SSCULLY

that sounds like it would be exactly what i am looking for, i will stop and pick some up tonite!

Old 08-17-2003, 12:39 AM
wow...

those work pretty good, thanks alot for pointing me in that direction!

Old 08-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never tried those things but used to buy the Armor All multi-purpose cleaner...

So they work pretty good eh?

Recently, I've just been using a damp rag because I really didn't want to slick up my dash with a protectant. Did you notice any 'gloss' left behind by the wipes after they dried? Do they have the same 'scent' as the spray cleaner?

I might have to pick up a container of these....

RP

Old 08-17-2003, 12:54 PM
dont remember the scent...

but there was no gloss left behind, just a clean dash and clean plastic. i like em alot!

Old 08-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Brad,

It is a cleaner only, nothing esle to it, so if you want to use something like 303 after this, you should be able to.

I never used dressing in this truck on the interior. It is nice a clean looks like new look finish.

It is really nice not having a shine to the dash, when the sun beats down on the dash, there is no reflection in the windshield.

As for smell, it is kind of like the previous spray cleaner, but not as strong. Maybe mroe of a alchol smeel to it, then the cleaner smell. I just opened a new one, and stuck my nose in it like I was testing a bottle of wine. Could not really pick up on what it was, as it was not currant, spice or oak smell to it

You can also use them on the plastic on the mirror heads, the rubber-ish window trim under the window, the back running boards, the black plastic bumper cover, Air dam, mud flaps, etc.

Anyhthing that is not glass or paint, is fair game. I also carry a package of the windex glass wipes in the truck under the back seat, another thing I can do sitting in traffic. My truck might be at max GWVR with all the stuff I carry every day

Quick Reply: what do you use to clean your interior?