Carbon fiber look....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Carbon fiber look....

....third of the price. Here is an idea for all of you wanting to spice up your interior. I went to the junk yard and bought a bunch of different interior trim pieces (radio bezel, gauge trim, steering wheel trim, fuse panel, door trim, stogie and dring holder, glove compartment,......etc) for my 97 Lariat. I cleaned the dirt off 'em, let them dry of course. I bought some grey automotive spray primer and rustoleum Hammered spray paint (black) and rustoleum clear gloss spray.I did two coats of each. Removal of the old trim was fairly easy, did it in less than 50 minutes. I had everything back in within two hours of tearing into it. Yes the paint was still tacky when I put it together and I smudged it here and there, but the end result was great. Now I will see how well it holds up. I am trying to find someone with a digital camera so I can post what the end result is. So if you are a po' boy like me, and want that trendy look, spend about 25 bucks in paint and an afternoon to have a man's accented interior.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber look....