spyder headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spyder headlights

does anyone know about there halo projection led headlight. does the halo ring and led bar work as DRL? or do they just come on when you turn on the parking lights/headlights. thanks

Old 05-14-2016, 11:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trnhpatt4
does anyone know about there halo projection led headlight. does the halo ring and led bar work as DRL? or do they just come on when you turn on the parking lights/headlights. thanks
All depends on how you wire them. I honestly wouldn't get them. Output will be crap, fitment won't be good, and it looks kinda ricey.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Any suggestions then? I`m looking for a DRL as my truck doesn't have them. I like the look of the new trucks coming out with them. And I have a beer budget. What about replacement bulbs in general, LED`s or HID`s or of the self Sylvania SliverStar.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Any suggestions then? I`m looking for a DRL as my truck doesn't have them. I like the look of the new trucks coming out with them. And I have a beer budget. What about replacement bulbs in general, LED`s or HID`s or of the self Sylvania SliverStar.
I have the silver stars in my 03, they are brighter and offer no screwing around with wiring or aiming (assuming yours were aimed correctly beforehand)
As for a DRL, I plan to add a pair of white LED bars, maybe 5 or 7" long wired to a power source that's only on when in the "run" position so they are only on when the key is in the run position. If I can't locate a source that works in run only, I'll use an accessory position source.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Silverstars will be a slight improvement, but very slight. Other options would be switchback leds in your front turn signals. With the park lights on, they are 6500k white but switch to Amber when you're using directionals.

I'm currently testing some led headlights right now and will have a full review on them in the next day or two.

Here's a sample. Led on one side, silverstar zxe on the other:

spyder headlights-ezrvlcm.jpg

spyder headlights-psafhn9.jpg

Old 05-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want just DRLs look in your manual you can set your headlights to be in DRL mode.
Neither is really a"good replacement " PNP HIDs still glare horribly and cheap LEDs well glare and not be very bright. Now the LEDs that 2008_XL posted are good LEDs. Just from the pictures I have seen from him they are pretty decent. No glare to on coming traffic and brighter than halogens. But still these won't be on during the day since you don't have your DRL function setup.
What exactly do you want for a DRL. Your headlights or do you want line LED rings to be on during the day.

Quick Reply: spyder headlights