2010 F150 XLT Interior Dome Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 XLT Interior Dome Light

Hey y'all.

Upgraded to LED lights in the interior of my 2010 F150 XLT SCab. Easy task, done it on several vehicles no problem. Anyways, got the map lights done and then swapped out the dome light...except now the housing WILL NOT go back on. I've seen videos and pictures of people just "snapping it back in place", but for whatever reason mine just won't.

Is there some kind of trick or certain way to get it back on? Seems simple enough and shouldn't be this difficult, but I've tried just about everything close to breaking the dang thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I eagerly look forward to all the smart-a$$ comments. Thanks!

Old 02-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BravesFan27
Hey y'all.

Upgraded to LED lights in the interior of my 2010 F150 XLT SCab. Easy task, done it on several vehicles no problem. Anyways, got the map lights done and then swapped out the dome light...except now the housing WILL NOT go back on. I've seen videos and pictures of people just "snapping it back in place", but for whatever reason mine just won't.

Is there some kind of trick or certain way to get it back on? Seems simple enough and shouldn't be this difficult, but I've tried just about everything close to breaking the dang thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I eagerly look forward to all the smart-a$$ comments. Thanks!
& Howdy!

Heh - t'ain't been no smart-aysses 'roond hyur lately - ol' Horace ain't been a-postin' much, so ye's safe

Check this'un out:

Only works if'n ye festoon bulb ain't too big, reckon ...

G'luck!

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 XLT Interior Dome Light