Disable External Lighting?

Old 02-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disable External Lighting?

Sorry if this has been discussed before... Is there a simple way to disable external lighting always turning on when you open doors or lock/unlock? Ideally, I am wondering if there is a wire I could splice in a switch giving me the option to control this. I know about "police dark mode", but 90% of the time I want these lights to come on so don't want a permanent off... Just when I'm in the woods hunting, or at a campsite, would like to be able to turn them off so whole world isn't lit up everytime I come/go to my truck.

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
~nvm~

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-15-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:44 PM
It's a 2011. Read all those posts before and searched. Doing the dimmer switch doesn't seem to do anything--it only turns them off if id turned them on manually (hitting to the right). But otherwise, done light and cargo light and all still come on when door open or unlocking.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Anyone? I've read all the other posts on the topic, seems everyone suggests hitting the dimmer switch left, which doesn't actually kill the courtesy lights (only turns them off if they were manually turned on).. Other than pulling the fuse when needed, no one ever offered a solution for what seems an easy problem. Lots of other threads with the same issue ended unresolved...

It seems it should just be a matter of adding a switch into whatever circuit controls the courtesy lights. What wire would do this? I'm assuming one running off the dimmer switch?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Disable External Lighting?