HID Radio interference

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID Radio interference

I installed some and HID kit from Raptor Retrofit, it works great. Had an issue with a ballet they sent me new one asap.

My issue and I have contacted them and they where no help here, radio interference. They said they don't or haven't had issue. It sucks, I have tried line chokes on various wires, radio antenna anyone else run into radio interference and where you able to correct it?

Old 12-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by klhmn
I installed some and HID kit from Raptor Retrofit, it works great. Had an issue with a ballet they sent me new one asap.

My issue and I have contacted them and they where no help here, radio interference. They said they don't or haven't had issue. It sucks, I have tried line chokes on various wires, radio antenna anyone else run into radio interference and where you able to correct it?
I ran into it on my old kit, (screw you PnP, you can go die in a fire) but never got it fixed. I haven't seen if my current retrofit causes interference though, as I barely listen to the radio.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Its the ballasts. They emit RFI. The only way to correct it is to cover the ballast and igniter with braided static chokes. Or use OEM ballasts that already have them. I went from Morimoto ballasts with pure static to OEM Matsu****a and I can pick up radio stations 200 miles a way now (like it used to be).
Denso-Ballast.jpg?t=1302260735

Old 12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Its the ballasts. They emit RFI. The only way to correct it is to cover the ballast and igniter with braided static chokes. Or use OEM ballasts that already have them. I went from Morimoto ballasts with pure static to OEM Matsu****a and I can pick up radio stations 200 miles a way now (like it used to be).
This ^ my morimoto where the same way. I went to the Matsus. With an external igniter and have no static.. Upgrade to the new XB ballasts that trs sells. They have an external igniter so should cut down a lot on RFI

Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Cool thanks

Quick Reply: HID Radio interference