Let the Retrofitting Begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I'd recommend picking up some chrome 09+ headlights for cheap. Doing the retros in them and paint them as you wish. And then sell your OEM heads and might just pay for the whole project on the after sell
I say this as well! I like the 09+ retros better then the OEM 14's, when painted black though. And a shroud that stands out with amber halo behind it.

DUCE- You started on the wrong edge!
No I'm just kidding!!!

My first light looked like that also. I used 2 different sized flat bladed screwdrivers. A small bladed one like the one you were probably using, and the other one was the biggest I had around 1/2" blade. I started like you did until I could get the 1/2" one in there and it makes a huge difference.
The damage on your light can be cleaned up with a heat gun and just forming the plastic back. You shouldn't get that all the way around.
I say keep trying it. You only have a few minutes after the light is removed from the oven to get it started then put it back in. Once you're able to use the big screwdriver it's way easier. I put a big piece of cardboard on the counter and opened them up in the kitchen. I then went to the garage and removed the perma seal that was left in the channel with a heat gun and small screwdriver.

Quick Reply: Let the Retrofitting Begin!!