Ignition key light

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignition key light

Is there supposed to be a light around the ignition key opening to help find it at night?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
On what?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Harley Rider
Is there supposed to be a light around the ignition key opening to help find it at night?
Funny to read this today as just last night I was drove my wife's Toyota Sienna right after my 2012 F-150 STX and noticed that her Sienna has a round disk around the ignition that highlights it upon entry at night. It is really helpful and avoids fumbling around with key scratching up side of steering column. I wondered myself if any of the higher F-150 models had that feature. Now I see you drive an XLT without the feature. Not a reason not to buy a vehicle but there are a few basic (inexpensive) features lacking on this truck.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Ford limits my selection

Originally Posted by obdecks1
Funny to read this today as just last night I was drove my wife's Toyota Sienna right after my 2012 F-150 STX and noticed that her Sienna has a round disk around the ignition that highlights it upon entry at night. It is really helpful and avoids fumbling around with key scratching up side of steering column. I wondered myself if any of the higher F-150 models had that feature. Now I see you drive an XLT without the feature. Not a reason not to buy a vehicle but there are a few basic (inexpensive) features lacking on this truck.
If I could have bought a Limited or HD edition in regular cab, 8' bed, HD payload and HD Tow, I would have. BUT Ford decided that the highest level I needed in a regular cab was the XLT. Thanks a lot Ford.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM
light

Originally Posted by Raptor05121
On what?
On the steering column!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Moderator help/

I just looked at all the posts in this short one, and see that my first post had my signature, but the two additional posts do not. Why isn't my signature in all my posts, regardless of whether I start or comment somewhere along the way. Is it something I set during setup?

I may have just answered my own question. I see there is a block to check show signature. I will click on that to see how it looks.

On edit, there is no signature, but I did click the button to add it.

On second edit: Now the signature is there. Very confusing.

Last edited by Harley Rider; 03-27-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
So is there a light around the ignition switch on any 2013 F150's?

Nobody ever answered my question.

Quick Reply: Ignition key light