strobe bulb placement

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strobe bulb placement

I am installing Whelen push type strobes in a 2008 F150. Has anyone done this?..............dumb question I know. I have done hundreds in Crown Vics and other cars just never an F150/Expidition. The double wall headlight is raising some questions. The customer wants them hidden as much as possible but also good reflection. Since I know there are some over achievers on here when it comes to installing components as I am myself I figured I would seek your input instead of just doing them any old way. Thanks.

No I am not a cop but a legitimate business, and I am not interested in your input about legality and the such, just mounting suggestions. Thank you.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
4 or 6 head? Generally people put them in the heads, fogs, and reverse lights. As for the heads, putting them on the top or sides would conceal them the best. I don't think there is a wrong side in terms of reflection.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I dont think the reverse lights will be a problem but the headlights are going to be tough, they are so clear and open, and unlike a Crown Vic there is no place in the corner to hide them in. I think I am going to go with the corner under the side marker. Oh yeah by the way its the Whelen CPS 660 with 4 heads. It's going to be a cool install the customer has a smart display that controls every thing off of voice or touch activated relay triggers.

Quick Reply: strobe bulb placement