Black Headlights???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
I concur!
i put my black heads on it today just to get a feel of the look and i still think white would look better on a king ranch because of all the beige. on a plain white truck, yes they do look awesome. theres just something about this truck that makes the black head lights look not right.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Drick
I could paint them oxford white for you, because I do work at a body shop too. So getting proper paint wouldn't be a problem. But then you'd be without stock headlights for a few days.

And my honest opinion, I think PTM headlights look like garbage. It looks like a matchbox car that was poorly done because everything is the same color. Black headlights look AMAZING on a white truck. If you really want, you can send em to me and ill do it for 50 bucks plus shipping obviously. But the Oxford white would cost more since I would actually have to spray it through a gun and it would be dupont car paint.
hey since you work at body shop, how much would you charge to get a set of headlights, paint them gloss black (or maybe the metallic looking black to match), and ship them to me. it would be for a 2009 pontiac g6 four door base model 4 cyl that has metallic looking black paint not sure on the specific name. (yes that description is overkill but just giving you all the details i can think of off the top of my head. lol)

my gf wants black headlights but i cant find any oem looking black lights since she doesnt like projectors..

and possibly some oem tail lights smoked kinda dark. its 210 bucks for leds on these cars and all you can get them in is red or red with a little smoke

Last edited by DanielWalker10; 02-21-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielWalker10
i put my black heads on it today just to get a feel of the look and i still think white would look better on a king ranch because of all the beige. on a plain white truck, yes they do look awesome. theres just something about this truck that makes the black head lights look not right.
Is it white with the beige two-tone? I agree then. The beige throws it off. but on my white truck, the black is a great way to mix up the colors.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Is it white with the beige two-tone? I agree then. The beige throws it off. but on my white truck, the black is a great way to mix up the colors.
yeah the two tone throws it off. i put my old black projectors on for a full 24 hours to see how it looked from diffferent views throughout the day and at first glance the black looks good then its like the more you see it the more they dont fit. and yeah i can see your truck looking good with black accents

Old 02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DanielWalker10
yeah the two tone throws it off. i put my old black projectors on for a full 24 hours to see how it looked from diffferent views throughout the day and at first glance the black looks good then its like the more you see it the more they dont fit. and yeah i can see your truck looking good with black accents
post pics of the different headlights. we'd like to see

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM
all i have is a couple up close since i put the stockers back on. i'll try to get them posted sometime today

Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 AM
there crappy iphone pics but here ya go, i have some lights out in the shop so i used a flash light to shed some more light onto them. and yes, the driver side bumper appears to have a "drunk bump". lol

Old 02-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, a pair of white OE headlights would go perfect on your truck

Old 02-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
yeah, a pair of white OE headlights would go perfect on your truck
thats what im going to do when i get the chance to

Quick Reply: Black Headlights???