Share your exterior lighting modifications...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Nafario

I just installed these LED Pods on the front of my truck and I love them, now I want to do LED or HIDs for my low beams and fog lights, any recommendations on type/brand.
So let me see if I've got this correct. You want to spend your hard earned money to decrease your usable light output, (significantly) increase the amount of glare for oncoming drivers and reduce the lifespan of your forward lighting. (Not that it's a safety concern.) Sorry, but I'm not going to recommend any of the literally hundreds of junk LED & HID products currently available out there that do all of this and less. Do some searching and you'll see why.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think that's a matter of opion, I think it actually increases my usable light output, ok, there is a glare issue but I got the 6000 lums which are not as bad, but I admit they do shed some glare, money is NOT an issue for me and honestly I like the look but thanks for your input as its appreciated.

Last edited by Dr.Nafario; 03-05-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Nafario
Well I think that's a matter of opion, I think it actually increases my usable light output, ok, there is a glare issue but I got the 6000 lums which are not as bad, but I admit they do shed some glare, money is NOT an issue for me and honestly I like the look but thanks for your input as its appreciated.
Here's a thread written by a friend of mine who really, really knows his stuff when it comes to automotive lighting. Although he wrote it for a Toyota Tacoma forum, his advice goes for all vehicles including F-150's. Maybe this will convince you why slapping LED (or HID) aftermarket bulbs in housings designed for halogens is absolutely the wrong idea.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ectors.454371/

Old 02-10-2019, 01:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed these a couple weeks ago. I got them from Amazon. They aren't very high quality build-wise, so I got what I paid for ($125 for the set). I like the looks of them over the stock set. Light output isnt quite as good as the stock set, but not bad.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Lightning headlights isntalled in my 02 Lariat

My wife bought some lightning headlights and parking lights from LMR for my Christmas present. I just got around to installing them. They look great, much better than the old hazy OE lights. I'm pleased overall but they were a pita to install. The right side parking light housing had the slots cut slightly out of place that the bulb holder inserted into. the cable could not be connected to the lamp holder because an alignment pin was in the way. I enlarged the slots in the housing that allwed the bulb holder to twist farther around. The headlights were a real pain to get all the alignment screws into the holes. that took a while. And a tip for anyone who does this is to lubricate the parking light bulb holder surface that slides against the housing. The fit was so tight that I thought I was going to break the bulb holder before lubricating the surface. And lube the rubber thingys on the alignment pins of the headlights. They are really hard to press through the alignment holes if you don't. I used silicone spray for lube. All's well that ends well but they really tried my patience.

Old 01-09-2021, 11:03 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 01-22-2021, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome lights

Found these on Amazon a few years ago...

Quick Reply: Share your exterior lighting modifications...