2010 F150 Lariat blend door problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBT
Hello everyone. I finally got it fixed. The second time to the dealer they said it was the dash control unit instead of the actuator. Wish they would have told me that the first time but they did not charge me any diagnosis and only charged me a 1/2 hour the first time. I could have fixed it myself but since they already had it for the day I had them change it out. It has been about a week now and all seems to be well. Hope this helps someone out there.

Hi, do you have a part # by chance, as I'm also having cold air only from passenger side, mine has dual climate.

thank you

Old 07-02-2019, 11:19 PM
Related Problem

Hi, I have had a related problem with my 2010 F-150 Lariat with dual climate control (w/o navigation). Over the winter, the defrost would occasionally stop working as the air flow would suddently shift to the dash vents. This happened intermittently until I could eventually no longer get it to select the defrost/floor. It only blows out the vents.

I figured it must be the defrost/vent/floor actuator motor which is tucked up under the dash just above the gas pedal. I replaced it with a new one, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. With the actuator motor out, I was able to manually select the defrost/vent/floor using the lever under the dash. Furthermore, I noticed that with the motor plugged in, but not installed, it doesn't turn. My only guess is that the dash control unit has gone bad. Of course, I don't want to spend $300 unnecessarily in case it isn't the actual problem. Is there a way to test the dash unit directly?

By the way, I can still control the temperature, but the air doesn't seem to blow as fast and it takes longer to heat/cool than it used to. The seat cooler still works, but seems to be weaker than it was before.

Old 07-03-2019, 11:41 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by risraelsen
Hi, I have had a related problem with my 2010 F-150 Lariat with dual climate control (w/o navigation). Over the winter, the defrost would occasionally stop working as the air flow would suddently shift to the dash vents. This happened intermittently until I could eventually no longer get it to select the defrost/floor. It only blows out the vents.

I figured it must be the defrost/vent/floor actuator motor which is tucked up under the dash just above the gas pedal. I replaced it with a new one, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. With the actuator motor out, I was able to manually select the defrost/vent/floor using the lever under the dash. Furthermore, I noticed that with the motor plugged in, but not installed, it doesn't turn. My only guess is that the dash control unit has gone bad. Of course, I don't want to spend $300 unnecessarily in case it isn't the actual problem. Is there a way to test the dash unit directly?

By the way, I can still control the temperature, but the air doesn't seem to blow as fast and it takes longer to heat/cool than it used to. The seat cooler still works, but seems to be weaker than it was before.
I still have the same problem. Just removed the actuator motor for now. Left dash vents only on. Summer in So. Cal. maybe someday I will take to Ford.

Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Problem solved!

FYI, I ended up replacing the dash control unit (got one on eBay for $200) and it works like a charm!!
Originally Posted by risraelsen

Old 07-12-2019, 05:05 PM
I don't have the same controls, Mine are in the touch screen.

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Lariat blend door problem.