Blower working but no air coming out

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again guys for your responses. So yesterday, i spent the entire day pulling off everything but the dash. I located 3 of the 4 actuators. All appear to be physically functioning. I even found the air inlet door. And that too is functioning.

Patman, I have checked for blockages, especially since that recirculating intake is so close to the glovebox. I found nothing. I’ve even cleaned the coil (ac) twice with coil cleaner, then flushed with a garden hose. I had read before that blocked drains could cause freezing, so I wanted to make sure that was cleared too. So far all clear.

Yesterday, as a test, I drilled some test holes along the ducts and at the air exchange box. I’m losing the flow after the ac coil, but before the heater core. The temperature blend door is working in the heater core area. I’ve verified that. Changing from 60 degree to 90 degree, I could visually see and feel the actuator move, and the temperatures would change accordingly.

Any ideas on what hat to do next? Other than a gas can and a match?

Thanks again guys,
Jenn

Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My poor car, but my iPad is right there with me.

Question,

what do you guys think about my removing the blower, again, using something like foam board or thin plywood to hold a shop vac hose, and sing the shop vac to see if there is any small debris in the coil. One of the articles I’ve read said ford had a foam seal failure. Do you guys think there could be foam in there or would that have drained out during the cleaning I did?

Quick Reply: Blower working but no air coming out