vents blow air when off

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vents blow air when off

Sometimes the HVAC vents on the dash of my truck will just randomly start blowing air out even when the right **** is in the off position. Its always only the dash vents and never the floor or defroster vents.

The speed of the air depends on which number the left **** is turned to and the air is warm or cool depending on where the center **** is turned to. I can turn the blower speed up or down and it changes the speed like it should if the vents were actually on.

Lately it seems that sometimes when I turn the position switch to the floor heat position nothing happens for a bit and then heat will come out.

Its sometimes getting harder to stop the vents from blowing air when its supposed to be off.

I would like to know what is causing this to happen because its rather annoying and Id like to stop it from happening.

Could the switch panel be at fault?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would look into the switch first

Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the switches are all connected on one panel that screws to the back of the surround plastic.

Atleast thats how it looked when I had the dash panel off last weekend (totally unrelated thing and Ive been having the problem for quite a while).

Quick Reply: vents blow air when off