Plenty of heat, warm feet.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Plenty of heat, warm feet.

A while back I posted a message regarding the fact that my heater was no longer blowing air through the floor vents. Unfortunately, my truck was out of warranty (by a few months, not mileage) and my dealer wanted a minimum of $86 (an hour of labor) to look at it and was suspecting that I might have a labor bill exceeding $500 to look at and solve the problem. Not to mention dash removal.

Problem solved... It turns out that the control rod of the vacuum motor (it's the cylindrical shaped object just to the right of your accelerator with blue and yellow vacuum tubes connected to the back of it) that controls the Floor/Panel door of the plenum assembly had come loose from the door. It just slips into a hole in the door. After putting the control rod back into place, the heater worked... for about five minutes. So I bought a retainer from the local hardware store for $0.05 and it's been working fine since--just in time for Spring. Sure beats $500 and a couple days without a truck...

In defense of my dealer he hadn't looked at the problem yet and was giving me a worse case scenario.

Hope this helps those that might have a similar problem.

Regards,

Mark

Old 03-06-2000, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will definately keep this in mind if I have a problem. It's these little tid bits of info that make this a great site---Bob

------------------
99 EB Expedition 5.4L with all the perks,3.73 LS,Heated Mirrors and Seats. Everything but sun-roof. Rhino Step Bar, Ford Bug Shield,More to come...

Quick Reply: Plenty of heat, warm feet.