Diagnostics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diagnostics

How do I run a diagnostic test on my HVAC system in my 07 F150? I have the automatic climate control system.

thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
2007 HVAC Self-Test from Workshop Manual

HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) On-Demand Self Test

The HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) On-Demand Self Test will retrieve on-demand (hard fault) DTCs only, it will not retrieve continuous DTCs. Continuous DTCs can be cleared when exiting the self-test. Make sure to retrieve continuous DTCs by carrying out the HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) — Retrieve Continuous DTCs procedure before clearing any DTCs.

The HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) On-Demand Self Test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.
The HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) On-Demand Self Test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display on-demand (hard fault) DTCs for concerns that are present during the self-test. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4°-38°C (40°-100°F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false DTCs may be displayed.
The self-test can be initiated after cycling the ignition switch from OFF to ON. Normal operation of the climate control system stops when the self-test is activated.
To enter the self-test, press the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and release, then press the AUTO button within 2 seconds. The display will show a flashing blower icon for 20 seconds, after which all vacuum fluorescent segments will be displayed if there are no on-demand DTCs present. If DTCs are present, the HVAC module — EATC will display "00 00" and then on-demand DTCs. Record all DTCs displayed.
If any DTCs appear during the self-test, carry out the diagnostic procedure. Refer to the HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) DTC Chart and follow the ACTION for each DTC given.
If a condition exists but no DTCs appear during the self-test, GO to Symptom Chart - Climate Control Systems Condition: The HVAC module — EATC System is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation.
To exit the self-test and retain all DTCs, press any button except DEFROST. The HVAC module — EATC will exit the self-test and retain all DTCs.
Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF). Once the self-test is exited, the ignition switch must remain ON for at least 30 seconds to allow the door actuators to automatically recalibrate.
If a condition exists, but no on-demand DTCs appear during the self-test, carry out the HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) and HVAC Module — Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) — Retrieve Continuous DTCs self test.
HVAC Module — Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) — Retrieve Continuous DTCs

Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks?

Where did you copy that text from? Do you have a service maunal in PDF form I can get from you?

Old 06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
What is the difference betwee hard fault DTCs and continous DTCs?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
I can send you excerpts of needed sections in pdf format from the shop service DVD. Send me your email address privately via PM along with your specific request.

"Hard" faults are those that are currently present, that is, at the time the diagnostic was performed.

A continuous DTC is one that was stored at the time of its observance. The cause of the DTC may be "hard" or may have been intermittent.

Steve

Quick Reply: Diagnostics