No power to A/C compressor clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It could be a variety of electrical issues. You did not post the pressures you found....that would be beneficial. If the pressure is not high enough, the compressor will not engage. This is too prevent damage, obviously. If you've bypassed this switch and still no clutch engagement or no power then you may have an issue with the A/C On/Off on the dash. The sure fire way to diagnose an electrical problem is to obtain a wiring diagram or schematic. It would then be very easy to use a multimeter to work back from the power source (the battery) and find the break in the electrical system. Someone on this forum may have an electrical diagram of the A/C system for your year truck. You can get more A/C info from:

http://www.autoacforum.com/

but, be prepared to provide the high and low side pressures....even if the compressor is not turning.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by C_Blevins
I'm having a similar issue with my 03 f150. The compressor clutch isn't engaging. Took it to AAMCO for a free A/C Diagnostic. They confirmed that there was no power to the compressor clutch.

Both the A/C Relay and fuse in relay box, and the 1 fuse in the dash mounted fuse panel are all fine. There is an A/C clutch diode in the relay box I'm unsure on.

I've checked the refrigerant level with a gauge, its fine, I've also jumped both high and low pressure switches and still not clutch engagement.

Any suggesstions?

I'm stumped.
what happens if you jump the a/c clutch relay?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:42 PM
07 f150 no signal to ac relay

clutch wont engage.. voltage on both sides of cycle switch..no signal to high pres. transducer or ac relay from ecm..i can ground relay and comp. runs....plz. help

Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 PM
No power to a/c

My problem turned out to be a bad instrument cluster. My pick-up had automatic climate control and apparently a/c circuits are tied in to the instrument cluster. I replaced the instrument cluster and the a/c now has power and is working fine.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Cruiseinbob
My problem turned out to be a bad instrument cluster. My pick-up had automatic climate control and apparently a/c circuits are tied in to the instrument cluster. I replaced the instrument cluster and the a/c now has power and is working fine.
Since you FAILED to identify what you have, your comments are not useful and do not apply to the vehicle under discussion here.

Why did you feel compelled to post the same almost useless information in so many old threads?

Old 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Cannot open the file link. Any suggestions for #347 wire

Originally Posted by projectsho89
here ya go:

1997 f-150 hvac schematic.pdf - http://www.bestsharing.com/f/e3w9g312164

if you have voltage at the cycling switch and jump it but still don't have power at the clutch coil connector, you have an open circuit in ckt #347 (bk/y).

Steve
​​​​​
HEllo Steve very old thread but I'm having the same problem. Cannot find the schematic

Quick Reply: No power to A/C compressor clutch