Not so cold A/C in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not so cold A/C in Phoenix

I have a 04 scab with the eatc. I read the post about how to access the trouble codes and I came up with 13 42. I cannot find what these codes mean.
In a different light I have checked the temp of the air comming out of the a/c vents. I traveled at 65 for 20 mins the outside temp was 105 I had the a/c set to 60 with the recirc and the coldest the air would register was 58 degrees.
Is it possible that the blend door is in the open position? Or could this be a freeon problem however the compressor does not seem to shut off. On another note if I slow down for rush hour traffice the air that comes out of the vents is considerbly warmer.
thanks in advance if anyone can help

Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Uh, I think thats normal.

If you're registering 58 degrees at the vents when ambient temp is 105 thats great. When you say considerably warmer when stopped/in traffic thats "sorta" normal. You will experience some lack of heat transfer when the vehicle is not moving and less air is passing through the condenser.

... If "considerably warmer" is 65 degrees or even as high as 70 degrees coming from the vents when in traffic and considering Az heat, thats very normal...

Old 08-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BuyAmerican, He didn't tell us what color the truck is: Heat magnet BLACK

Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
well the only reason that I mention this problem is that it did not used to be like that it used to be comfortable in the truck all summer and now its not Also when I push the recirc button I dont get any change. Smells come in the cabin ect. That is why I was wondering if the blend door is not working.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by JJ_in_AZ
well the only reason that I mention this problem is that it did not used to be like that it used to be comfortable in the truck all summer and now its not Also when I push the recirc button I dont get any change. Smells come in the cabin ect. That is why I was wondering if the blend door is not working.

I'm sry. I;m a lil confused.. is it uncomfortable because its too cold or is it not getting cold enough. The blend door controls the flow of air thru the evaporator or the heater core only. The recirc door is an open or closed door to outside air. If the the recird door was stuck open (open to outside air) the a/c system should still be able to cool without problems as long as all things are working properly. If the blend door between the htr core and evap is partially open then you would feel the temp problem at all settings and all speeds all the time...

Just throwing ideas out there. I don't know whats going on but i hope this helps...

Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks for your input. It does not get cold enough. Last year my truck would freeze you out on even on the hotest days after running down the freeway. Now it has to stay on full blast just to keep it around 80-85 in the cab after going down the freeway.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Try switching to a blue orifice tube and putting in a total of 37 oz. of freon. Lastly, get some water pipe insulation and insulate the liquid line. That should help you out.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Could it be the over 30 days of 110+ degree weather ya'll are getting???

Quick Reply: Not so cold A/C in Phoenix