Aux jack troubles.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux jack troubles.

I bought a replacement audiophile factory radio (refurbished) for my 2005 f150. They installed an aux jack in it that works but it's not hooked up to the subwoofer output so there's no bass. I don't have a lot of money so I'm looking for an inexpensive way to remedy this. I would like to play my iPod through the radio but with no bass it sounds terrible. Not sure what to do. Any help would be great.

Old 11-28-2016, 03:24 PM
I have been using the iSimple gateway in my 05 (audiophile) since it was almost new. It works great. I am on my second one, as the first one crapped out about 4 years ago. It comes with an apple 30 pin connector, phono, and aux cables. I ran my ipod classic through it until someone liberated it from my truck. Now, with a 30pin to lightening adaptor I run my iphone 5s and ipod nano. I also use the aux for my sirius radio, and adapted the phono to aux to run my Samsung tablet. Its not flawless but it works. The phono to aux picks up some engine noise, and is finiky about volume.

The isimple gateway is available from best buy or crutchfield for around $ 100...and it is an easy install with the vehicle specific cables (about 20 minutes) with no cutting & splicing..

Old 11-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Aux jack

Thank you kcward for the info.